Wednesday, May 15, 2013

We Want To Know


 photo WWTKbutton-1-1_zps2077872a.jpg

It is that time of week where we get to know one another just a little more by participating with Scriptors' and Kenzie's little party... We Want to Know.

Here is this week's questions:
1.) How were you as a student?
2.) What was your favorite subject and did you excel in it?
3.) What - if any - is your fondest school years memory?
4.) Did you attend college and if so, how was that experience?
5.) Would you go back to school - be it in person or online - if you could? (Or to earn another degree?)

Here is my answers:
1.) How were you as a student?  I LOVED school.  I was near the top of my class and during elementary, the teachers always suggested my parents to allow them to skip a grade for me, except for 2nd grade.  The teacher and I did not get along and she told my parents I was “mentally retarded”.  My father was not allowed to come to another Parent/Teacher Conference after that.  High School, my last two years I worked a lot and did not apply myself as much as I should have.  I did my best to assist where my Mom had difficulties since my Father did not pay child support.
2.) What was your favorite subject and did you excel in it?  Favorite subject would have been Art and History.  Two of my passions, however I loved Biology class.
3.) What - if any - is your fondest school years memory?   My fondest memories would have been 4th grade through 8th grade.  I went to a pilot school for our school district.  We were randomly selected and it only had one class for each grade Kindergarten through 6th grade to start with and only 28 students in the class.  We were bused from all over the district.  They concentrated on the three R’s… Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic.  We were actually given homework five minutes before school was out every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday and our parent’s signature was required.  We had P.E. only one day a week and we either had Music at first, then the teacher passed away from cancer.  Once I was in 6th grade they decided to add 7th grade for the following year and then 8th grade the next year, so my class was the oldest for three years.  When I was in 7th grade the school hired an Art teacher so we had Art in place of Music then.  My class was a close group of kids and we had one another back.
4.) Did you attend college and if so, how was that experience?  Yes, I went to college and graduated.  My last year was very different because I lived off campus and was married.  I was never the party type, I worked hard while I went to college to make payments as I was being educated. 
5.) Would you go back to school - be it in person or online - if you could? (Or to earn another degree?)  If I needed to I would but I think with my age and the ages of my children and now grandchild, it would be very difficult for me to concentrate.  If I went I would want to be in the top half of my class.  I want to excel.  I put so much pressure with my training for my new job.  We had test then and the first test I ended up 84% and was beating up myself for it.  My final test I received 96% and I was much happier with this result.

Untitled

3 comments:

  1. That pilot school sounds like it yielded a very cool experience. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There always is one teacher isn't there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A 96 is AWESOME. I knew you were a good student just from what I know about you ;P

    Teachers who hate children and harm the through discouragement will have a special section in hell.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.