Wednesday, May 22, 2013

We Want To Know


 photo WWTKbutton-1-1_zps2077872a.jpg

It is that time of week where we get to know one another just a little more by participating with Scriptors' and Kenzie's little party... We Want to Know.

This week's questions are:
1.) How connected are you to your phone? Do you always have it on you?
2.) Would you be able to be away from your computer for an entire week?
3.) If you had to get rid of one of the following, which would it be and why? Cell phone, computer, or TV?
4.) Do you think you could ever live "off the grid"?
5.) Tell us about a time you disconnected from technology/the world and how you dealt with it. Was it good or bad?

Now for the answers:
1.) How connected are you to your phone? Do you always have it on you?  I try to remember to take it but there are days I walk off without it.
2.) Would you be able to be away from your computer for an entire week?  When we go on vacation we do.  I think that is about the only time we are.
3.) If you had to get rid of one of the following, which would it be and why? Cell phone, computer, or TV? Wow, that is sort of tough.  I guess Cell phone.
4.) Do you think you could ever live "off the grid"?  Umm... no! 
5.) Tell us about a time you disconnected from technology/the world and how you dealt with it. Was it good or bad?  I have to when we have devastating news, like the school shootings, Hurricane Sandy, Oklahoma bombing and so forth.  I get so depressed by reading or hearing about the constant coverage.  I mean severe depression.  I constantly cry.  I can not sleep.  I have learned just to read or watch a little then turn it off.  9/11 was horrible for me too.  Good or Bad, I am not sure.  It all depends on how you look at it.

Untitled

6 comments:

  1. Good answer for #5! I have a hard time staying away from it and then, yeah, it really gets to me. Thanks for linking up and sorry about any question confusion this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha love the phone answer. At least you try, I always let mine die.

    I think I am going to have to link up with this one. What great questions and your answers are fun.

    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I could give up my cell phone - I don't know any phone numbers off by heart anymore

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel about "disconnecting" from bad news... I watched very little coverage after Sandy Hook, because I just found it too sad to take in. The night they caught the Boston Marathon bomber, my mom and I were watching it all on CNN, and I recall saying, "Wow. I think we're a little TOO connected, you know? This is actually happnening in real life, and we're watching it like it's a TV show. Incredible."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I could go without my cell phone - sometimes I swear it is like my life line ha ha! Sounds like you would do fine without technology though :)
    Hope you are having an amazing week so far! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't blame you for turning off stuff during times of trouble. There's only so much of coverage of that nature that one can take!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals