Friday, June 28, 2013

Literary Friday ~ Grave Robbers


I am participating with Ricki Jill's from Art @ Home , weekly party  Literary Friday. You should go over to her blog and check out all of the other book reviews.  This week the book I will be posting a review is another book by Samantha Jullian Bayaar Grave Robbers.

Grave Robbers (suspense)

This is a small book and a fast paced book.  It is a Young Adult book but I just had to read it because of the author.  I plan to read all of her books.  The main character in this book is a 12 year old girl named Charlie.  Charlie's mother ran off while she was very young leaving her and her father Frank.   Frank is the town grave digger by day and by night he is a grave robber with some assistance from his daughter. They do this to help get by. Charlie decided to steal the dead Widow Taylor expensive jewlery.  Widow Taylor made it known she wanted to be buried with all of her jewelery. Charlie was hoping the money from pawning the jewelry would get her to the town where her mother is.  She was at an age where she needed her mother. Poor Charlie is picked on by girls her age.  As I stated earlier, this is a fast paced book and it contains, hopping trains, ghost, guns, murder, and justice.  It is an easy read and one can read the book in one sitting.  I enjoyed this book and loved the happy ending. I also loved the book cover for this book.

Untitled

1 comment:

  1. :D This looks like a great book, Jolene. I'm going to look-up this author and see what all she's written. She must be a fantastic writer if you want to read all her books.

    Which one should I start with?

    Thanks for linking-up, my friend. I figured you'd been busy this week. It has been busy for us because Shelley started tutoring, and we've been preparing for a mini vacation next week @ the lake.

    Have a wonderful (and restful) weekend.

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.