Wednesday, June 19, 2013

We Want To Know

 photo WWTKbutton-1-1_zps2077872a.jpg

It is that time of week where we get to know one another just a little more by participating with Scriptors' and Kenzie's little party... We Want to Know.

Here are the questions for this week:

1. Are you an amusement/theme park kind of person? (Yes or no)
2. If yes, where have you gone? If no, what makes you dislike those kinds of places?
3. Do you like to go on roller coasters?
4. Does your answer to #3 directly correlate to how you are about life experiences?
5. What was the last scary and/or risky thing you did?

Now for my answers:
1. Are you an amusement/theme park kind of person? (Yes or no)  Yes
2. If yes, where have you gone? If no, what makes you dislike those kinds of places?  

  Source
We have a small amusement park near Des Moines, name Adventureland. I have been there several times as a child and adult, with and without children. (My first wooden roller coaster)
When I was very young there was an amusement park in Des Moines named  Riverview.  It closed down before I was in grade school due to safety issues.  (Nice huh?) 

Boomerang 1
 I have also been to Worlds of Fun in Kansas City (My first loop de loop roller coaster.)
 Camp Snoopy at the Mall of America, and Six Flags in Chicago several times (Where we even took the family on our honeymoon to.  Yep, our honeymoon was the family vacation.)
3. Do you like to go on roller coasters?  Yes, however I do not ride now.  If my knee gets jerked I am in severe pain so it limits many activities, same with waterparks some wave pools if the current is too strong will hurt my knee if I am just standing.
4. Does your answer to #3 directly correlate to how you are about life experiences?  Interesting question.  I can honestly say, life is like a roller coaster, sometimes while you are going up the big hills it is very scary (rough tides in your life) but when you come to the end, you have to look for some sort of enjoyment because most of the time, one will get in line again another day… just like life, you have to be willing to get back on the ride of life.   HOWEVER, do I enjoy it, heck no, it is just part of life.
5. What was the last scary and/or risky thing you did?  My new job but well worth it.

Untitled

3 comments:

  1. I've never been there before, I will have to check it out once I go down there this summer. There are a lot of fun places to go in Kansas City, which is why I try to make a trip out of it every year. I'm always looking for new things to see and do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found that I like those hanging coasters but I have similar issues: those hurt my legs and knees! Thanks for linking up with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not the biggest fan of roller coasters, I am too afraid of falling out ha ha! That's awesome that you took a family vacation on your honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.