Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday


I am linking up with Becca from Everyday Life.

It has been awhile since I have participated with Wednesday Weigh In, mainly because I was not putting forth full effort from training with the new job and I was seeing some weight gain.  After the training class, I started to lose a little and at one point I was down a total of 31 pounds, but then I became lazy and stopped getting up early to walk on the treadmill and cook my breakfast.  I started to grab breakfast through McDonald’s drive-thru and out for lunch too, of course some weight came back on, not a lot but I cannot afford to gain weight, I need to keep losing.  The only way was to start to be accountable again.  I am in a little team competition with Sparkpeople.com  our Summer Challenge began last Thursday.  I always weigh in on Wednesday so I thought this is it time to get my head back into the game.  I reported my weight last week.  (I promise another 50 pounds gone, I will start actually posting my real weight on here too.  I am just not ready due to the fact I am so embarrassed by the numbers.)  I planned to go back to the basics, journaling, measuring, and exercising.  Sometimes one can lay out the best plan with the best intentions but something gets in the way.  This was what happened, something happened to my knee at work and I could barely bend it the entire week.  Today it is still very sensitive and I know if I turn it just right I will have a surge of pain, so I am being very consciousness on how I move it.  Due to this, I could only walk on the treadmill three days. 
 
These are my best friends when it comes to losing weight.  I must measure everything in order to keep my portion size correct and stay within my amount of carbs for the day as well as calories.  Truly they are my best friend for this life style change.  I not only measure everything I eat but Todd’s too if I am preparing it.  I will always make one extra helping for dinner and measure it out for his lunch the next day.  I am so very proud of him.  He is under 200 pounds and he told me he is only 15 pounds away from the lightest he has ever been his adult life.  His sugar levels are doing great.  He has dropped two clothing sizes. He keeps inspiring me and I admit, I am just a tad jealous that he is down two sizes already, where I am just one.  However, his health was more in jeopardy at the time than mine so to be honest I am totally thrilled for him.  I want him around for a long time.

Alright enough, now it is time for stats.

Beginning Weight: XXX
Last Week’s Weight: XXX
This Week’s Weight: XXX
This Week’s Loss/Gain: -7 pounds
Total Weight Loss/Gain: 32 pounds

Yes, I am very happy with this week’s numbers but I know I can do better by working out.  This week’s goal will to wrap my knee and walk on the treadmill no matter what.  NOW I will listen to my knee.  I will NOT push it to the pain, but I WILL work out, even if it is at a snail pace.  I will continue to make my own breakfast and lunch.  NO MORE EATING out for those meals.  I will keep water intake up.  My biggest challenge this week will be Wednesday when we have a food day to celebrate our last week in the temporary office.

Summing it up Goals for this week:
1.       Journal all intake
2.       Walk on the treadmill every day.
3.       Do some sort of strength exercise at least 3 days.
4.       Portion portion portion control.
5.       8 – 10 oz. of water every day.

Untitled

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the awesome work hun! You are doing GREAT!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you fro lining up and for reminding about portions maybe I need to get back to measuring maybe that's my road block. congrats on the loss you did amazing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals