Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Books 'n' Bloggers Swap

I participated with Chaotic Goddess'  Books 'n' Blogger Swap.  Oh my goodness!  Thank you Beth for my box of goodies.  I really enjoyed this swap.  I had a hard time picking out books for Beth because I knew what I wanted and there were so many books I wanted to buy for her.  I hope I did fine for her because I am loving what she sent me.


I have book markers too!  Oh and there is a preview for a book, signed by the author too.  How cool is that?

Wideacre (Wideacre Trilogy #1)

This book is one Beth has read she thought I would like.  She placed a note with Wideacre by Philippa Gregory stating: Historical fiction that I loved (although it’s a little disturbing in parts, I found it compelling.)  I cannot wait to read it.

This book is one from my wish list

Divergent (Divergent Series #1)

Divergent by Veronica Roth.  I am thrilled I received this one.  This is also on the must read books before the movie is released.  It is supposed to be as good as The Hunger Games.  I hope so. 

The Book Thief

Book three is one she hasn’t read but thinks I will enjoy.  She chose this book because of the historical fiction set in 1930.  The book is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.  This one is also on the must read books before the movie is released. Too. 

The card she sent is so adorable!
 
I think I am going to frame it and find a spot for it.  It is so sweet!

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

Beth spoiled me, she gave me a bonus book.  Yes, the sweetheart gave me four books.  This book is The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society A Novel by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.  I cannot wait to read this one too.

Beth, you made this very difficult to choose which book to begin with.  Thank you so much!

Thank you Miss Angie and Beth for this swap.  I loved this one!

Untitled

10 comments:

  1. And that's why no man, or woman ;), is an Island. While the world is full of thoughtful and Sweet People wanting to make the difference you can't and you wouldn't. Bless the Generous!!!
    So happy for you, Jolene. Enjoy,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you liked them, and I think you're going to love them all! Well, I hope so, anyway. :)
    Thanks for giving me an excuse to hunt for some great historical fiction! :D
    And thanks, always, for joining us for this swap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderfful right? I have my best friend Steph who always passes me her NY best sellers, so I need not buy them, ever! I love to read and your books look great! Have a great Fourth weekend and lots of time to read!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome swap! You know I love to read. And what a cute card! You scored! I really want to read The Book Thief. Let me know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME! I love The Book Thief. It was one of the books Shelley had to read last year for summer reading, and I loved it! I also love Guernsey. Such an interesting way to convey a story!

    And to get an autographed book, now that's cool!!!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. THE BOOK THIEF is and AMAZING book! I love books set in the time period of WWII and this book brings to light some amazing aspects of that time. Enjoy all of your books. Beth is an AMAZING swap partner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow girl you got some awesome books happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could have sworn I left a comment....hmmmmm....oh, well. The Book Thief is great. Shelley read it last summer for sumer reading and I read it after she read it. Guernsey is such a great book, and I can't imagine hoe they pulled it off since it's a series of letters. LOVED the story.

    You got an autographed book! How cool is *that* Love that. Beth is the best!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beth really is the best swap partner.

    I've read the Wideacre books. They're good; although really anything by Philippa Gregory is good. All the rest of what you received is now being added to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy cow, totally spoiled! Those are all great, I'm excited to see what you think of some of them! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.