Saturday, July 6, 2013

Friday Confessional- Posted Late on Saturday.

It was Friday yesterday, You all know what that means?  Yep you guessed it, time to fess up.  Come join the fun over at Aubrey's High-Heeled Love.  She host this little party every Friday.
Here is what I am confessing this week.


I confess...

I am late this week again on my Friday Confessions.  It is Saturday once again.  It was a busy Friday.

I confess...

We ended up going to fireworks on the 4th in Coralville.  It is a city connected to Iowa City and the same city I work in now.  I have to admit, when we were going I was a little excited but I wanted to be in bed.  I am fighting sinus infection right now.  I have always heard the Coralville's fireworks is a great show.  NOW, i love Iowa City's so I thought this was going to be great.

I confess...

I was very very disappointed.  The very first was WOW!  It was so bright, nearly hurt my eyes.  I thought if this is how they begin  I cannot wait for the finale.  Well, there was no finale, just confusion for those of us who watched.  I guess there was a computer malfunction and caused 70 to 75 percent of their fireworks to go off all at once, the very beginning.  If you are interested in seeing it here is a link:  Disappointing Fireworks  Yes, that was the entire show.  It was only a little over one minute. The poor city spent $12,000 on the fireworks and this is the show.  How disappointing.

I confess...

Iowa City did a much better job.  To start with where they have it. It is in a little park behind the Pintercrest.  A group of 5 building which belong to the University of Iowa.  One of the buildings was the first capital building of Iowa before Des Moines became the capital.  I was very angry with myself because I did not have my camera with me, only my phone.  I do not have a smart phone, just a little 4G.  I will try to see if my son can upload any but here is one that I found on the Jazz Festival site.  Oh, the fireworks always co insides with the Jazz Festival too.  We walk around see some vendors, listen to great music then watch the fireworks.  This year we brought Taj with us and he had a great time jumping in the Bouncy House.  I enjoyed my Friday.

I confess...

I think the lack of sun is bringing some of my friends down, even myself some.  I hope and pray that a special Sweet 16 Year Old has a beautiful day tomorrow (Sunday).  I hope and pray the sun comes out and she is able to enjoy the lake with her boat.

What did you all confess this week?

Untitled

2 comments:

  1. Sorry that the fireworks show wasn't what you were expecting. A jazz festival sounds like a lot of fun.

    Thanks for linking up for Friday Confessional. Hope you have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad about the fireworks...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.