Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sunday's Song

A sweet friend and I were emailing back and forth earlier last week about education/segregation.  As I was driving to work that morning this song came on. I knew then this song was going to be my next Sunday's Song.  I have always loved this song. I think I chose well not only for the education/segregation but so many things that are happening now.  The verdict of the Zimmerman Trial as well is facing the entire nation.




I worry about this little baby (now toddler) if the world will discriminate against him.  I pray not. We all should be past this by now.  We do not have to take steps backwards.  

I am also posting one other song for a tribute to Cory Monteith.  Yes, I am a Gleek.  What a sad way to wake up and find all over the internet.   RIP Cory Monteith.




Musical Mondays




Untitled

3 comments:

  1. My heart is broke for both situations. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. was so sad to here about Cory GLEE won't be the same without him

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Gleek, too....so sad....
    As far as the Zimmerman situation....I don't think it is indicative of a racial divide in this country. Other indicators (like the education post on my blog) are.
    It hurts my spirit that our leaders are determined to divide us as a nation rather than unite us. This is poor leadership, and should STOP!

    Super post!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.