I've been tagged by a couple of people now, so I thought I would play along
Ricki Jill tagged me for the first part of my tag is to answer these eleven questions:
1. How did you get started blogging & what keeps you doing it?
Well I have had several little blog spots but With A Little Help From My Friends began from a cancer scare I had. I wanted something to have where I place my memories, photos, and what my life is about for my boys. However I found an entire new world I did not expect, a network of friends and enjoyment.
2. What do you think makes you unique?
Maybe how I give so much without expecting anything in return. My husband constantly tells me I am the most unselfish person he has ever met.
3. What's your favorite thing about yourself?
I am a very loyal person.
4. Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
I am not sure. I hope I have more DIY projects on here since my children are older and possibly more traveling pictures and of course more grandchildren pictures.
5. What's the best tip you've ever received about blogging?
Definitely turn off word verification.
6. How does blogging affect your real life and vice versa?
I do not think so mainly because I blog about my life.
7. What is something you're actively working toward and how are you getting there?
I am actively working on becoming healthier and losing weight. I want to be able to ballroom dance again with my husband, weed, and simply get on the ground without pain. Both of my knees, I have been told four years ago need to have total knee replacements. Losing the weight will not fix my problems, but it will be easier on me and definitely easier when it comes to physical therapy. I was told they want me to wait until I am closer to 60 but my goal is two years and then bug the heck out of them, so I can have quality life once again and not be in pain every day. That is how I have been living for four years, pain every day it just differs the intensity of the pain.
8. What is your absolute beauty must have, and why?
Foundation. I am still trying to find which one I feel works best for me. It used to be Cover Girl but since I am getting older, I need to find one that will work with less aging appearance and even my tone.
9. If money wasn't an issue, what would you run out and buy right now?
My dream car.
10. What is one beauty tip you feel that everyone should know?My Mom always told me to take care of my skin while I was young. I have used moisturizer but I do not cake on the make up. I actually look younger than all of my sisters. There is a 13 year age gap between the youngest and me (the oldest), the middle two...well here is a beauty tip for you too. Stay away from drugs. It ages you.
11. Who's your freebie (if you're married-the one person/celebrity you can cheat with without it being cheating) or you're single, your number one celebrity crush?
Oh my, this is so funny because we were talking about this maybe last month. I do not have anyone with Todd. I just do not! I had a dream where I refused to cheat with a very good looking guy. I just love Todd way too much. Now do not get me wrong, I enjoy looking and have some star crushes and some very tasty eye candy but even with a freebie, I just would not. Sorry Paul, not even you. Todd is my everything and freebie or not, no one else is who I want like that. Maybe it is because of what I had prior (first marriage) to knowing what I have now. However, if asked during my first marriage I had different views, it would have definitely been.
By the way, this is a one of a kind photo too. My Mom's boyfriend took it.
He gave it to me when he was dieing because he knew how much
I love this man. Until just recently, like two months ago, the picture was on my headboard.
Now, it is in my Curio Cabinet.
Attached or single?
Todd and Anne
Cake or pie?
Day of choice?
red and blue
Gummy bears or worms?
Des Moines, IA (birth)
Iowa City, IA (live)
Indulgence?Pepsi (I know lame but when you are on this life style change, that is my indulgence)
January or July?
July. Winter is too long.
4 sons: Matthew (23), Joshua (20), Ethan (16), and Noah (13). 2 step-daughters: Kera (25) and Emily (22)
Life isn't complete without?
God and a good supporting partner.
First Marriage date: September 10, 1988 (ended: April 24, 2004 (left him April 23, 2003)) I gave it the good ol' try.
Second Marriage date: July 26, 2008
Number of brothers and sisters?
3 sisters. Lisa (45 -exactly one year younger to the day and our birthday's are two days after Christmas), Amy (35), and Katie (33)
Oranges or apples?
I have so many, but I really like this one:
Reasons to smile?
Oh, I have several but consistently it would be Todd and Taj
Season of Choice?
Tag Five People.
Please, my lovelies....please answer these questions...it will be so much fun for us to read them!
Rhonda (Suzanne), Forgetfulone, Mimi, Rozie, and Jill
No pressure, play if you want!
Unknown fact about me.
Well, I am not sure what anyone does not know about me. ha ha ha My sister Lisa and I used to have the same dream when we were younger. We would both wake up about the same time and look at each other when we shared a room or met in the hallway when we did not share a room.
Oh, so many but my ultimate I would say tomato
X-ray or Ultrasound?
I've had both