Wednesday, July 3, 2013

We Want To Know ~ Plus A Recipe


 photo WWTKbutton-1-1_zps2077872a.jpg 

I am late playing this week... but here it is

{no. 1} Now that it is officially Summer, what season is your favorite and why?
I like all of them.  Winter has beauty but it is too long.  Fall is absolutely beautiful and refreshing after the hot Summer.  Summer is definitely up towards the tops because of the gardening, but I would have to say Spring because it is the beginning of Mother Nature's rebirth.

{no. 2} What does Summer look like in your house? Sound like? 
Summer looks like a lot of weeding and gardening.  Sand Volleyball. Children laughing outdoors playing ball or in the sand box.  We grill out as much as possible.

{no. 3} Recount a Summer memory from your childhood.
Going to bed when there was daylight shining through my window.  Sleeping in sleeping bags on the floor in my parents room because they had the air conditioner (when it was really hot) prior to central air.  Riding bikes through out the neighborhood, playing softball, tennis, swimming.  We were very active.  Making mud pies for my cousin, who would really eat my sister's and my mud pies. We would add the grapes from our backyard to the mud or the crab apples.

{no. 4} Do you have 4th of July plans? 
Not at all. This year is going to be a little let down.  Noah will have friends spend the night on the 3rd.  On the 5th we will go down town to the Jazz Festival and watch fireworks but that is the only plans.

{no. 5} Does it get super hot where you are in the Summer and how do you deal with it?
Yes, it's hot,humid and thunderstorms!

On the subject of Summer, here is a new little recipe I tried last week.  The picture is not the best because I forgot to take it at home and had to take a quick picture of it in my car prior to taking it in for a pot luck at work. I found the recipe at Tasty Kitchen by mistake after looking for a recipe from The Pioneer Woman. It was a hit and I definitely will make it again.  Next time I will take a better picture too.

Deviled Egg Dip



Ingredients
  • 5 whole Large Eggs
  • ½ cups Mayonnaise
  • 2 Tablespoons Yellow Mustard
  • 1 Tablespoon Frank's Red Hot Original Hot Sauce
  • 1 Tablespoon White Vinegar
  • ½ cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • 4 slices Bacon
  • Crackers Or Chips For Dipping

Directions

1. Put eggs in a sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. When the water starts to boil, turn off the heat and cover for 20 minutes. Allow eggs to cool enough to peel.
2. While the eggs are cooking, fry four slices of bacon until crisp. Drain and crumble bacon into small pieces.
3. In a large bowl, mix together mayo, mustard, hot sauce, vinegar, cheese, and crumbled bacon.
4. In a small bowl, use a fork to mash the eggs into small chunks. You could also use a food processor or a potato masher. Add the eggs to the mayo and mustard mixture and stir together.
5. Serve with crackers or potato chips for dipping.
  
Untitled 

 

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your answers! I love the sound of the recipe, and Shelley LOVES deviled eggs! I'll make this one soon.

    Happy Fourth, Sweetie!

    Ooooo I want to see your books....I got mine yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a Comunity Lunch on Sunday, with my daughter's Scout Group - we'll attend Sunday Mass and then share Lunch - and I think I'll make this. You make it sound yummy.
    Hope you had a wonderful 4th and wishing you a blessful weekend,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dip sounds delicious! I am definitely going to make that now...thanks. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.