Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Happy List

  photo ArtatHomeButton_zps18898da7.jpg

It is time for our HAPPY LIST party hosted by Ricki Jill over at ART @ HOME.  Go on over and check out all the happiness.

Here is my HAPPY List this week:

1.  I am HAPPY tomorrow school starts for the boys. It will get them out of their bedrooms and out from playing video games or on the computer.  I think summer is wasted when that is all you do...now however, I am not looking forward to battling these two to finish their homework and turn assignments in not to fail.  I do not know what it is with these two it has been a battle once they began junior high.  The first two I never had to battle.
2.  I am HAPPY with the past two Friday nights.  During the summer we try to go downtown and walk around on Friday nights.  There is a pedestrian mall (ped mall) where a live band will play music on Friday nights during the summer.  We will walk several blocks and sit on the benches in the ped mall for a little while to listen to the music and people watch. We love to watch people.  I love to walk around and see the architect of the buildings.
3.  Speaking of architect of buildings, here are a few shots I took on Saturday.  We took a road trip to a little town about 20 miles away for me to take pictures.
Yes, just for pictures.  I am so HAPPY I have such a wonderful husband who enjoyed the time just as much as I did.
4.  On Sunday the boys were actually with their father.  He took them to Adventureland, his company provides the tickets and one meal ticket every summer.  Adventureland is an amusement park here in Iowa, not huge but it is enjoyable.  I am HAPPY my children had time with their father.  They see him maybe three times a year and he lives less than two hours away.  {not so happy- he had the audacity to ask the youngest if he wants to live with him.  Seriously?  You rarely see the kid and NO WAY, NO HOW, MR. FOUNDED CHILD ABUSER of our oldest son!!  I was surprised my youngest was even considering it and asked if he was old enough to make that choice.}
5. On Sunday while the boys were away, Todd an I took another little adventure to the Amana Colonies.  I posted about the Amana Colonies a few years ago when we went the first time.  You can read about it here.  We went into a few different shops this time.  Getting away sometimes makes me HAPPY.  We picked up some fudge for the boys there.  I would love to have this in a rock garden in our backyard.
 They all three at different times thanked me and gave me a kiss for it.  THIS MADE ME SUPER HAPPY!!!  I rarely get a kiss from Ethan anymore.    I also saw these yard ornaments made from silverware.  I thought they were so cute!  I think the birds are my favorite, next would be the butterflies, then the flowers.
 
6.  I am HAPPY my vacation series is done!  If you want to read them, here are the links:

Vacation 2013~Day One/Mt Rushmore
Vacation 2013~Day One/Crazy Horse
Vacation 2013~Day Two/The Drive to Cody, Wyoming
Vacation 2013~Day Three/The Drive To/And Yellowstone National Park
Vacation 2013~Day Three/Yellowstone National Park Old Faithful
Vacation 2013~Day Three/Grand Canyon of Yellowstone Park/ Back to Cody
Vacation 2013~Day Four/Cody, Wyoming
Vacation 2013~Day Five/The Drive to Custer, South Dakota
Vacation 2013~Day Five/Big Horn National Park
Vacation 2013~Day Six/Our Last Day Of Vacation

7.Also, these two pictures make me very HAPPY from vacation.  I love these two, the landscape.  I am thinking about getting these two made into canvas prints.
What are you happy about this week?

Untitled

3 comments:

  1. It's so nice when our husbands go along with our picture taking. It's so much fun for us and for them to understand is the greatest. Mine does that too. I have never seen the silverware garden ornaments - how cool. Your post makes me glad my kids are all grown up. All the school days are over, as a matter of fact my school days are over too (my school nursing job - lol). Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a seriously fantastic list!!! :D So happy the kids are back in school!!! I enjoy pedestrian malls....I like to walk! Oh, and the yard ornaments are very cute.

    You're going to laugh, but I made a list of fun things I want to do this weekend, and one of them is to visit your vacation posts. Seriously, I have a list of about five computer things (fun things) to do this weekend!!!

    Thanks for linking-up. It has been a long week, but I did make myself go to the studio in town and paint today. It was good for me!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals