Friday, August 9, 2013

Local Flavor Swap



I love the idea of this swap and tried to decide if I can do justice for my state.  I mean we a heavy metal band from where I spent most of my life: Slipknot, but I am not a huge fan of theirs but my cousins are.  They went to school with Corey Taylor and was friends with Paul Gray, who died from an over dose.  I thought what is Iowa known for???  Corn.  John Wayne's birth place.  Ashton Kutcher's birth place.  Then I started to think more on this, I believe I came up with some good ideas for Iowa, now I need to see what the person I am paired up with is like to see if they will work with her.

I am rather excited about this swap.  An opportunity to travel to another city/state without actually traveling.  How fun does that sound.  Today is the last day to sign up.  If you are interested, hop on over to Chaotic Goddess Swaps (click the picture above) and sign up.

Your Swap Objective
Fill a package with goodies that represent your town, or things specific to your location, for your partner.
(for example: If you're from Seattle, you might include Starbucks goodies, since Starbucks is a known brand from Seattle, or an umbrella, since Seattle is a rainy area)

Local Flavor Swap Rules
  • Packages must contain items related to your location.
  • Packages must cost a minimum of $20 and maximum of $30 BEFORE shipping.
  • Send a package that you, yourself, would like to receive- it should be personalized to fit your partner's preferences and style.
  • You must respond to emails from the swap hosts within a timely fashion.
  • You MUST post and link up your swap reveal post after receiving your package. This is non-negotiable.

Untitled

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun swap! I didn't find out about it in time, but I'm not sure what I'd send for Texas. It would be fun to think about it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm excited that you're joining us for the swap! Isn't Iowa the fictional birthplace of James T Kirk (Star Trek), as well? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals