My labor day is a relaxing low key day. I am not doing anything at all and it is heavenly! I was able to sleep in today. That is rare for me. I woke up I have been pre-posting some post for later this week. I have done a couple of loads of laundry. Truth be told, I should have done more but it has been such a wonderful lazy day for me. That is rare for me too. I have been able to nearly complete the book I am reading. I will finish it as soon as I am done with my nap which will follow my posting this recipe. Our garden is overflowing with cherry and grape tomatoes right now, so I have been searching for new recipes calling for the tomatoes. This one was a good one and I will definitely make again. I hope you enjoy it if you try it. It is a great warm salad. Very refreshing.
Cherry Tomato Pasta Salad
- 1 Pint of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of Mexican Shredded Cheese
- Two Pinches of Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of fresh basil chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 8 oz of pasta (I chose a Rotoni 3-Omega Multi-Grain)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl mix the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Basil, Salt and Pepper.
2. Clean and cut all the Cherry Tomatoes in half and add to the small bowl. Mix the tomatoes into the marinade.
3. Remove the tomatoes and place them on a foil lined baking sheet. Cut side up. Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. Pull the roasted tomatoes from the oven and drizzle the marinade and place back in the oven for 5 minute to broil on high.