Sunday, September 15, 2013

Egg Muffin

I meant to post this late last week but the week slipped by.  I did not post much last week, too busy in the kitchen and my father and niece.  I have been bad since coming home from vacation with eating out for breakfast.  I seem to be rushing too much in the morning, trying to get my exercise in too.  I made this last weekend and it worked.  All I had to do was grab two little egg muffins and out I went.  Once I was at work I would heat them up for 2 minutes and it was a perfect breakfast.  Todd would add more cheese to the top and a little hot sauce.  They were super easy to make too.

Egg Muffin
 Ingredients:

  • 8 medium eggs
  • 1/2 cup skim milk
  • 1/2 red bell pepper diced
  • 1/2 green bell pepper diced
  • 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, sliced into quarters
  • 1/4 cup of shredded cheese
  • diced ham
  • salt and pepper
Directions:

1.  Preheat oven 375°FSpray cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2.  In a medium bowl, break eggs, add milk, salt and pepper to your taste and whisk.  Add shredded cheese to egg mixture and whisk.
3.  In each cupcake pan add some of the diced peppers, cherry tomatoes, and diced ham.
4.  Fill each cupcake pan with the scrambled egg mixture.
5.  Bake for 25-30 minutes.  Once the egg muffins have cooled remove and add to a freezer bag and freeze.
I am going to add sliced mushrooms to the mixture this week and for Todd's I added the hot sauce and salsa to the egg mixture.


Here is the nutritional value for each egg muffin.


  Nutrition Facts

  12 Servings

Amount Per Serving
  Calories21.6
  Total Fat1.0 g
     Saturated Fat0.4 g
     Polyunsaturated Fat0.1 g
     Monounsaturated Fat0.1 g
  Cholesterol16.4 mg
  Sodium51.7 mg
  Potassium48.5 mg
  Total Carbohydrate1.3 g
     Dietary Fiber0.1 g
     Sugars0.5 g
  Protein1.9 g




Untitled



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.