Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday Confessional


It is Friday and you all know what that means?  Yep you guessed it, time to fess up.  Come join the fun over at Aubrey's High-Heeled Love.  She host this little party every Friday.

It has been a long time since I confessed...

I confess...

Taj is really cracking Todd and I up a lot more lately.  He has such a great imagination.  I just love it.  He loves anything Pixar.  During dinner he will look at one of us and then ROAR with his hands held up and fingers curled.  The first time we just looked at him and he said.  "I scare you. I Sully!"  Now we just act like he scared us.  Wednesday night while I was putting him in his chair for dinner, he held his arms straight out and said, "To infinity and beyond! I flying Nana! Taj is flying."

I confess...

I really wish I had my camera on him last night.  Most of the time while he is watching Pixar shows he will stop at his favorite parts and quotes the movie with it.  Toy Story 3 was on the Disney Channel.  The part where Buzz is in Spanish mode and dances, Taj jumps off my lap and starts to dance like Buzz.  Todd and I quickly looked at one another and smiled.  I think we both laughed lightly too.  It was so hard to hold the laughter in.  I think I am going to have to get our video of the movie back from his Mama and play it again.  This time I will have my camera ready to record him.  It is sooo cute and funny.


I confess...

Our garden did not do so well this year.  Too much rain at the very beginning then the drought.  We did not have a good harvest of cucumbers, zucchini, squash, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, or eggplant.  We had no brussel sprouts at all.  Our tomatoes we have a lot but not as near as what we should have had.  I mean we were bound to have a lot when you plant 28 plants.  Three of the died and the rest became sick so there will not be multiple blooms at all this year.

I confess...

I took next Wednesday off to can all of our tomatoes.  We canned eleven jars of salsa a couple of weeks ago.  Most of the canning will be on Wednesday.  We do have a lot of cherry and grape tomatoes.  I am looking for new recipes to use them all.

I confess...

I finished my three baskets for a fundraiser.  I hope they bring in some money for him.
 This basket has 2 wine glasses, canned pasta sauce, spaghetti noodles, 
Sangria, candle, and a candle holder
 This basket has my decorated vase, two packages of tulip bulbs, garden gloves and one missing garden shovel I need to buy again and add.
Last one is large bowl, Tostitos Chips, canned hot salsa, Chi-Chis Margarita,
and two cactus handle margarita glasses.

Below is Trent's story
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trent-Meiers-Story/438351809596771?hc_location=stream

I confess...

Here is another recipe of tomato and mozzarella. This one is more of a salad and I served it for dinner last Saturday.

Cherry Tomato Mozzarella Salad
 
Ingredients:

  • 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
  • 8 oz of mozzarella cheese pearls
  • 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
  • 2 tablespoons of chopped basil
  • 2 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar
  • salt and pepper to taste
 Directions

1. In a small dish mix the the extra virgin olive oil, chopped basil, and salt and pepper.
2. Add pearl mozzarella cheese to a bowl, mix in the extra virgin olive oil mixture and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4.  Right before serving add cherry tomatoes and white balsamic vinegar.  You can use the regular balsamic vinegar but it will make your mozzarella cheese brown.

What do you have to confess?  Hope on over to Aubrey's place and check out all the confessions.

Untitled

4 comments:

  1. You and I need to encourage one another about the healthy eating...you are doing very well!

    That Taj is going to be in movies one day. He is so freakin' CUTE! Shanley loved Toy Story when she was little.

    I hope you have a great weekend. We're staying home to try and get some chores done. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our garden produced pitifully this year. I was so disappointed. Nothing beats fresh produce from your own garden. Cheers for a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love caprese salad (tomatoes, basil, mozzarella). yum! I'm impressed that you can even grow all of those vegetables. I'd love to have fresh zucchini. I believe it's to hot here in the summer, though. I love hearing about Taj. He makes you and Todd so happy. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jolene, Hey, I think I see it in one of your photos here and by the way the salsa was fantastic! -Was looking for the recipe here on your blog and am unable to find it. Any chance you would consider sharing the recipe on one of your blog updates??? If the secret was your home grown tomatoes I am in trouble but I did want to share that we really did like it... not too hot and a little ...sweet?

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...