Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Happy List plus Another Summer Recipe


  photo ArtatHomeButton_zps18898da7.jpg

It is time for our HAPPY LIST party hosted by Ricki Jill over at ART @ HOME.  Go on over and check out all the happiness.

Here is my HAPPY List this week:
Having a good television series where my husband and sometimes kids enjoy too makes me HAPPY.  Right now we have three going, well tonight begins the fourth.  My television shows are making me really HAPPY yet a little sad because two of them will be ending for good.   Breaking Bad.  O H  M Y  G O O D N E S S !!!  This last season, only eight episodes have been so fast paced.  Last weeks I was actually yelling at the television and hitting the bed crying out NO NO NO !!! NOW YOU EXPECT ME TO WAIT A WEEK?????  Only three more episodes left of the series.  If you have never seen an episode, I would recommend watching from the beginning.  It is definitely one of the best ever!  When Todd suggested it, I thought I really do not have an interest in a show about a teacher who becomes a meth cook, but it is so much more.

Dexter is another one of my shows and it is getting really good as well and it is starting to peek too but just not as faced paced as Breaking Bad.  Dexter only has two more episodes and it is done.  Two of our shows will be done then.
Tonight begins the new season of Sons of Anarchy.  I cannot wait.  Kera and Taj will be over every Tuesday night to watch with us. 
Hell On Wheels has been rather disappointing this season so far.

Sunday night's dinner made me very HAPPY.  It basically came from our garden, okay everything but the season, panko breading, and the cheese.  We had roasted cherry tomatoes and eggplant parmesan.
 Watch for the recipes later this week.
I also thought ahead, which always makes me HAPPY when I do that and pre-cooked breakfast for me this week.  I have been bad since coming back from vacation with eating McDonalds.  That has to stop so I am HAPPY with planning ahead.
Recipe to follow later this week.

Eggplant Parmesan

 
This is a very simple recipe of baked Eggplant Parmesan but very good.  I am also trying to hurry before work with posting my Happy list so I copied my recipe from my recipe index but added my new picture as the final picture.  This is why you see a different dish.  The final product with the original recipe was taken the first time I made this dish and every time after, I cover the dish when placing it in the oven, in order to save the cheese from turning too brown.

Ingredients:
  • 1 large eggplant, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces (about eight)
  • 2 eggs, beaten with a fork
  • 1 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs 
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 jar pasta sauce (I used 1 pint of our canned pasta sauce.)
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Directions:

1.  Preheat oven with a baking sheet inside to 375°F.  Coat eggplant slices with beaten egg, then bread with panko crumbs. Spread oil on hot baking sheet and place eggplant slices on it in a single layer. Bake 15 minutes, flip and bake another 10 minutes.

2.  Increase oven temperature to 475°F. In an 8 x 10-inch ovenproof dish, layer pasta sauce, then eggplant, and top with cheeses. Repeat, finishing with cheese


 
3.  Add foil or a baking dish lid and bake until the cheese melts and turns golden in spots, about 15 minutes.
 

Untitled

3 comments:

  1. My family talks about those shows. I was with Ashleigh last evening and she was talking about Breaking Bad. I did watch the first few episodes on Netflix but didn't continue with it. What a plot for a show! I know it must be good because so many people love it. You are cooking amazing things, Jolene. And it all looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I love Eggplant Parmesan, and I am gonna try yours! Very yummy, sweet friend. Thanks for the récipe.
    Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for your recipe posts. I know you are making such healthy choices now, and since I've lost nine pounds, it has encouraged me to keep going!

    I love Dexter, but I'm a couple of seasons behind. I need to get caught-up!

    Oh, and Shanley LOVES Breaking Bad. :D

    You make me happy, my friend. I appreciate your encouragement sooooo much!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...