Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Happy List


  photo ArtatHomeButton_zps18898da7.jpg

It is time for our HAPPY LIST party hosted by Ricki Jill over at ART @ HOME.  Go on over and check out all the happiness.

I do not have a long Happy List this week.  To be honest it has been a rough week, but I will find something...

I am HAPPY my niece was able to go home from the hospital last Saturday.  She was in there for a little more than five weeks.  However, it was short lived, she was re-admitted on Sunday due to several severe seizures and dehydration.  I am not sure if it is pancreatitis related or not.  

I am HAPPY three weeks into the school season and the boys are passing all classes still.  HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!!

I am HAPPY we canned 3/4 of our tomatoes this past week.  We have 41 pints of salsa, mild, medium, and hot.  We also have 10 quarts of salsa as well.  We have 6 quarts of pizza sauce and 1 quart of pizza sauce.  We have plenty of chili base.  I am not sure if we will be canning taco sauce or canning rotel with the remainder of our tomatoes.  We chose not to can pasta sauce this year since we are trying to eat less pasta.  We will still eat it, but not as often. (Look for a post about canning sometime this week.)

I am very HAPPY with my Nook.  I love books but I am finding it harder to actually read a book, it is so much easier to see on my Nook, with the back light and the ability to increase the font size.  I was able to complete four books the past two weeks.  I used to read a lot until I had children.  My goal this year was to read one book every month.  I have been able to surpass that and it makes me so HAPPY.

Oh, I am nearly finished with my Super Heroes painting series for Ethan's room.  I am really hoping to finish them this next weekend.  I will be SUPER HAPPY when I am done.  Next Monday will be another wine and paint class a different one and I love the subject matter we will be painting...too excited for it.

Oh one last HAPPY... YAY!!!!! IOWA BEAT IOWA STATE on Saturday. I am also SUPER HAPPY wrestling will not be kicked out of the Olympics.  Now if only they would keep baseball too!

Well, that is it.  What are you HAPPY about?

Untitled

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your niece, but hope she is doing better. That is a lot of tomatoes you have canned. I'm so impressed. I have been wanting to freeze some, but so far haven't got around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Search and ye will find - you did find some good happies, Jolene. You will so appreciate all the canning you did and I hope you will share you latest painting with us. I did that once and really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to ask: When do you sleep??? You shame us all. I am so sorry about your niece. You were so happy, just to be knocked down. UGH! Sending more prayers your way!

    I bet your salsa tastes divine...which hotness strength is your favorite?

    Thanks for finding your happy, and YAY for good grades!

    Thanks for Linking-up!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.