Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Happy List

  photo ArtatHomeButton_zps18898da7.jpg

It is time for our HAPPY LIST party hosted by Ricki Jill over at ART @ HOME.  Go on over and check out all the happiness.

Here is my HAPPY List this week:

I have been having so much fun this past week and have a lot to be HAPPY about.  Let me start with…I have completed the Super Heroes Series of paintings for Ethan’s room.  Seriously I am HAPPY about this.  I found something very similar on Pinterest, the paintings were: Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, The Flash, Green Lantern, and Captain America.  I thought Noah would like this for his room, however I was wrong it was Ethan.  Ethan pointed out the obvious the series I pinned the Super Heroes were all DC except for Captain America and he thought that was wrong.  (He is right.)  He picked two of his favorite DC and 2 of his favorite Marvel Super Heroes.   I started the 4 – 12 x 12 canvas paintings last summer.  I was able to complete the Flash right away. 
Ethan wanted the Hulk as one of his Marvel Super Heroes, we searched online and found the Hulk emblem and I painted it last summer but I was not happy.  First I started with the outer ring being black, but the painting was just too dark.  I then changed the outer ring to a green color.  Once again, I thought it was too dark.  I then put it aside and was too busy to do anything further.  I was afraid to draw my Batman, so I put everything else off.  Actually I was just too busy to do anything creative due to every weekend being busy with Taj or family issues.  After participating one night at Brush and Barrel, I told myself if I can complete a painting in two hours then I need to finish the Super Heroes Series for Ethan.  Two weekends ago I began to work on them once again.  The Hulk painting Ethan and I looked and looked at it and thought we would try the yellow for the outside circle.  The fourth time was the charm.  I liked it much better.  HAPPY!!!
The third painting in the series is Captain America.  Seriously I thought this was going to be as easy as the Flash was but do you know how hard it is to make an even star?  It took forever to make it look right but it was done in two days.
Last in the series is Batman.  I knew this one was going to be a challenge.  I drew everything free hand.  If my printer worked I would have printed a template for this one as well as a star for Captain America.  I think he turned out okay, not the best but Ethan is HAPPY with it.
Here they are all together hung on his bedroom wall.  HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!
Sunday, Todd, Kera, Taj, and I went to Wilson's Orchard to celebrate Johnny Appleseed's birthday.  It was a lot of fun watching Taj's reaction at the orchard.
Watch for a post on Friday about it.

Monday was another social painting.  HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY
Watch for a post on Thursday about it.

Lastly, Todd joined both he and I to Core Fitness.  They have three locations, one close to his work (sort of close to mine.), one very close to where I work, and the third close to where we live.  HAPPY HAPPY, now I can work on strengthening as well as take some Yoga Classes and Aqua Fit classes.

What do you have to be HAPPY about?

Untitled

3 comments:

  1. You are quite the painter, Jolene! Love all of it and that you are enjoying it so much! Thanks for reminding me I need to get out to an apple orchard. I wish I had the energy to work out. I haven't walked in quite awhile and I need to get back to it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wonderful artist, you don't need to start with tablescaping any time son, lol! Happy birthday to JA's too! Can't wait til Friday! Thanks for your sweet and kind visit my friend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your paintings. The symbols are really cute! I was a Marvel girl growing-up! ;P
    Taj is so cute. I think it's neat y'all took him to the orchard.

    I really need to take a yoga class. I'm so tight, and I need to work on my flexibility and then my Pilates classes will be so much easier.

    Great Happy List, my friend!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...