Friday, September 27, 2013

Wilson's Orchard


Last Sunday Todd and I had planned to take Taj to the apple orchard while Kera worked.  They were celebrating Johnny Appleseed's birthday and with it being the first weekend of Autumn it was a prefect idea to spend time outdoors doing a fall activity.  Both Ethan and Noah chose not to participate.  Kera ended up taking the day off so the four of us went to Wilson's Orchard.   The orchard was also celebrating Johnny Appleseed's birthday and had fun special activities for the kids, although we missed most of them.

We arrived around 4:45 in the afternoon, we had to wait for a little guy to wake up from his nap.  The line to pay for the apples was a 30 minute wait by the time we parked.  We had a hard time finding a bucket or basket to put our apples in.  We did not make the tractor ride which took people further into the orchard and I guess where the Honey Crisp apples were.  One of the workers told us a path we could go on and look for the poles with pink flags, it was our indication the apples on the trees were ready for picking.
 
Off we went to look for apples.

However we first found the pumpkin patch.  Taj was so excited and he ran ahead. 
 He absolutely loved the pumpkin patch.
 He found one cracked open and had to take a look.  He came up and said, "Oh my goodness! Yucky Pumpkin."
 And off he went further into the pumpkin patch.
 He found the one he wanted
It was this one, but we told him we were there for apples.  He will have to wait a little longer for his pumpkin.
 Papa had to go in and get him because he did NOT want to leave without his pumpkin.

While his Mama and Papa were ahead of us, we found some dried pumpkin seeds from an old pumpkin.  Taj just had to pick them up and put them in his pocket.  He is 100% Boy.  I wonder if Kera remembered before she washed his clothes?
He found a pond and wanted to go swimming but I told him it was too yucky to swim in.  It really was!
While we were walking up several hills, Taj became bored and wanted to play Monsters Inc.  Here he is playing Sully and scaring his Nana (Me), he would tell me to go to sleep and I would close my eyes and have my camera pointed to him and click the camera when he started the "Rawr!"
He absolutely had no idea I was taking his picture.  This is when I just shut my eyes and he waited for me to have them closed for a little bit before he scared me where I would scream and tell him "Oh you scared me!" and he would giggle and giggle that he scared his Nana.  It is a game we at Papa's and Nana's house play with him.  We play it a lot!
Then we came to an area where the apples were not all picked and Taj was able to pick his first apple.  He would not put the apple down at all.
After several rows, 45 minutes of walking, Taj wanted to ride on Papa's shoulders until we got to the next group of trees had more apples waiting for us to pick.

Here Mama is helping Taj pick apples and show him to put the apples in the bucket but he refused to put his first apple in there.

 He found more.  More apples Nana!  A lot of apples!
 I love the next two pictures.  He loves his Papa a lot!

 Kera (Mama) and Taj on the trailer waiting for ol' Bessie to begin the tractor ride.
 This one is my favorite of them.

Off they went.  Taj was not happy Nana and Papa were not joining them.  We thought it would be a great time to get in line and pay for our apples.
We bought more than the apples.  We picked up some fresh apple cider, some fresh apple cider doughnuts (Oh My Goodness!  The best doughnuts EVER!), and a glass of apple cider slushie which Todd and I shared while they were on their ride through the orchard.
 They're Back!!!  They loved their surprise doughnuts.
Good-bye Wilson's Orchards.  We will definitely be back next year for more apples and a fun day.  Who knows, maybe we will be back in a couple of weeks to find that perfect pumpkin for Taj?

Untitled

2 comments:

  1. You got such great pictures! I love his scary face one- what a ham! :)
    I don't think I would have lasted for that long, running around and picking things....he's a trooper, for sure. Ah, you're making me want to go apple picking now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't get enough of that kid! Taj's photos are so cute. I can remember when the girls were little taking them to the pumpkin patch in the fall. But we still go blueberry picking in May! ;P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...