Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Happy List

  photo ArtatHomeButton_zps18898da7.jpg

It is time for our HAPPY LIST party hosted by Ricki Jill over at ART @ HOME.  Go on over and check out all the happiness.


This week my Happy List is all about Iowa City, City High School's Homecoming week.  Last Wednesday was the Homecoming Parade.  Noah took off with his friends and Todd and I had Taj.

Prior to the parade beginning, we picked up a slushy for Taj.  The lady who worked there said, "Oh isn't that the little boy with the trade mark, RAWR?" holding her fingers curled up.  We had to laugh because he does do it a lot.  If you do not know what I mean, see my Wilson's Orchard post by clicking here. This kid makes us HAPPY!

 


 

He was very excited seeing the firetruck engine.  The parade started with a police car and we knew the family inside.  Once they saw Taj, they threw a lot of candy towards us.
City High Mascot 
 
The kid's Junior High
The kid's (all but Matthew and Joshua) elementary

The students had fun dressing up every day during student week.
Monday:  Pajama Day
Tuesday: Raga
Wednesday: Favorite Decade
Thursday: Hat Day
Friday:  Go All Red
Ethan at first had no desire to participate in any of the fun activities.  I decided to talk up the Favorite Decade telling him how easy it would be to be a greaser from the 50's.  Next thing I knew he was asking me to grease his hair back.  Ethan participating made me HAPPY!
 He added a box of crayons rolled in one sleeve at school.
 One of his friends brought to school a leather jacket for him.
He loved the way I made him looked like he had sideburns.
Friday night was the football game and City High won which is always great for Homecoming.  (Poor Minnesota Gophers were clobbered for their Homecoming Game by the Iowa Hawkeyes.)  HAPPY for both games win.
 



Noah kept bugging me if he could photo bomb just one of the pictures. 
Ethan and Abby had no clue he actually did.
HA HA HA...this kid is too funny.
Saturday night was the Homecoming Dance.  My my!  My third son is growing up so fast.  Seeing him happy makes me HAPPY!

This week is Iowa's Homecoming.  I have yet to make a Iowa Homecoming Parade.  I am not sure if we will go this year.  It all depends on the weather.  Following the parade and coronation there is always a free concert.  This year's free concert will be Third Eye Blind.  I loved their song Semi Charmed Life.  


Homecomings makes me HAPPY!  My kids make me HAPPY.  I love them all!

What are you happy about this week?

Untitled

4 comments:

  1. Jolene, I just learned what a photobomb was last evening. Haha. And here you have one. Taj is growing up. He's so cute. I love homecoming time of the year and all the fun it brings. I know how much fun it is to see your kids involved in the activities. It's such a happy time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our homecoming is in two weeks. It's not my almer mater, but it will be my kids', so it's exciting. Here in Texas, the girls wear huge mums with ribbons and bells, etc., and the guys wear mum garters on their arms. That is a recent addition to our traditions. Our guys didn't do that when I was in high school. It's fun. I enjoy making them. Never thought I could be that crafty! I love all your pictures. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie he is! I LOVE that he did the Greaser look, with a rolled up pack of crayons. Classic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Homecoming!!! It's Homecoming Week on the Capstone (University of Alabama) but we'll be in Georgia at a horse show!

    What cute themed days at the HS. LOVE IT!!! Your greaser looks adorable. Too Cute!!!

    Did Taj just love the parade? I know he did.....cute angel.

    This is such a fun Happy List!!!

    I've been furiously painting yesterday and I'm starting again today!!!

    Have a wonderful Thursday!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...