Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Happy List


  photo ArtatHomeButton_zps18898da7.jpg

It is time for our HAPPY LIST party hosted by Ricki Jill over at ART @ HOME.  Go on over and check out all the happiness.

This week's Happy List is a hodge podge of happiness...

Today is drizzling and snow flurries, this does not make me happy.  I do not want snow at all because of my knees.  It has been great walking pain-free minus stairs.  However today made me HAPPY.  First thing on my HAPPY list will be my hair.  I colored it to my original hair color, minus the silver sparklies which have made their home on my head.
 
My boys have made me HAPPY.  They have been complimenting on my weight loss.  I have had several people at work come up to me as well.  My working out more regularly has made a big difference.  I have not started with the personal trainer as of yet because I have not picked up my doctor's note yet.

I am HAPPY in two weeks our dance lessons will start.  I am so looking forward to dancing with Todd again.

Now back to today... originally I had taken today off to go to Des Moines to be there with my Dad during his procedure.  It was cancelled, so I have spent the day with Todd.   We started with going to Hy-Vee, our grocery store and had breakfast while reading our Nooks.  We drank coffee and read for nearly an hour after our breakfast.  Oh, I have to say I am so HAPPY for pumpkin spice coffee or latte, or cappuccino.  It is the best flavor EVER!  I love the sugar-free pumpkin spice creamer.  I wish it was not just seasonal.  After our time in the cafeteria area we then went grocery shopping.  I am making something new for dinner tonight in the crock pot.  If all is well, then I will definitely be positing the recipe tonight.  After grocery shopping, I naturally put the food away, but I always first wash the vegetables and cut most into servings (not the onions or peppers, these typically wait until it is time to use)  I make sure the carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and cucumbers are ready for a meal or just a snack.
I wash all my fruit and place them in a basket in my refrigerator.  Fresh fruit and veggies in my refrigerator waiting to be eaten makes me HAPPY!
 
While I was discarding the leaves and what not from cleaning the veggies, I noticed what beauty some of the trees in our backyard held even though the day was gloomy.
Sushi, makes me HAPPY!  This was our lunch today.


Now, it is a time to finish watching the Game of Thrones.  I love the theme song to this show.  Time relaxing and enjoying simple things with Todd makes me HAPPY!

What do you you have to be Happy about this week?

Untitled

8 comments:

  1. Wow I want your refrigerator, it looks so neat and organized and scrumptious. Congratulations on your weight loss and your hair is a very pretty color. You look great, keep it up. What a great post, thanks for sharing your happy.

    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you on the weight loss. Never easy, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT "Happy List" Jolene! You do have MUCH to be happy about. Your hair looks great! Even in the pic you can tell it's soft and not over processed. - I notice these things. My sis was a salon owner/instructor. - You're getting compliments on your weight loss. I can't wait until I'm there with you! You have beauty surrounding you. A great day with Todd. Your fridge is disgustingly organized and I'm jealous! That sushi looks great. You look great. Life is good, huh??? At least for today and hey, it's the only day we get, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MiMi. I color my hair myself to save money.

      Delete
  4. What a delightful day with your sweet hubby. Love your organization in the refrigerator - where did you get the bins? Your hair color is so pretty (you are pretty, my friend) and I love your new little pic of you and Taj!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jolene!
    Nice fridge, with lots of healthy food, I see there, and I so love Sushi, lol! I too look out for my weight, so I know about 'light fridges,' hehehe...congrats girl friend, keep it up! Thanks for your sweet visit too.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when my husband and I go out for coffee or breakfast, even lunch and pull our "newspapers" out - and read them together - I get that! We talk about what we read. We have an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charles (Shanley Belle's boyfriend) has been reading the Game of Thrones series and loving it! Plus they've been watching it, too.

    I need to find the sugar free pumpkin creamer. I love anything pumpkin!

    I can tell you've lost weight in your face, and I think your hair color is really very pretty!!!

    I have fridge envy, seriously. I wish we could get a new one because ours is at least 20 years old! Do you remember when we went through the appliance malfunction stage? Within a year, the microwave, stove, washer and dryer all broke, but our fridge, the oldest of the whole bunch, is still going strong! :/

    Thanks for linking-up!

    If you have a moment, read today's post!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...