Thursday, October 3, 2013

Taj Meets Cookie Monster

Last Saturday, Cookie Monster was at one of the Hy-Vee's in Iowa City.  Hy-Vee is a chain of grocery stores in our state and maybe Nebraska too.  We asked Kera if we could have him for lunch so he can see Cookie Monster. She wanted to go to Aqua Fit, so we told her we could watch him and asked if she would come to Hy-Vee for lunch as well.  We could have lunch from the salad bar and Taj could get something else.  She liked the idea. It took her a little longer to put on her make-up so we just met her there.

Cookie Monster was near the front entrance when we arrived and Taj just loves Sesame Street.  Cookie Monster is his second favorite character after Elmo.  He was so excited to meet him.  Taj was chatting away to Cookie Monster.  I asked if I could take a picture of the three of them.  Taj did not like it.  He was afraid to get next to him.

 I was lucky to snap this shot before he started to fuss.

We were still waiting for Kera to show up, so we headed over the to Italian department where they were having a kid's special.  The children could make their own personal pizza for $1.  

 I love this one.  Look at his little tongue sticking out.
He fell in love with the Hy-Vee worker.  She kept giving him cheese to eat.

Shortly after his pizza was made and baked, Kera showed up and Taj kept talking and talking about Cookie Monster to his Mama.  She promised him after we ate we would go find Cookie Monster again.  This satisfied him for nearly 20 minutes then he started to demand to find Cookie Monster NOW!  He had to wait patiently until everyone completed their lunch.  Off we went to find Cookie Monster again.

 There you are!!!! " Cookie Monster look at me!  Look at Me! "
 I am not sure why this one was a little blurry.  He was not scared any more.
 "Cookie Monster!  You go... Nom Nom Nom Nom" while his little fingers move quickly by his mouth as he pretends he is eating a cookie.
Demonstrating how to eat cookies while sitting on his knee.

He went from being scared to being attached in minutes flat.  He left kicking and screaming "I want Cookie Monster!"  He is so adorable but he has his two year old moments too.  I still would not change one thing about the kid.  It was a fun couple of hours with him. 

a


I just have to re-post this video. It was recorded April 3.  Notice the cheese sauce forehead and the macaroni near his collar.  He is such a joy! 


Untitled

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jolene, what a precious Little grand you have, I can see you're crazy about him, almost like he for the Cookie Monster, lol! I know how it is, I am nots about my two little girls too! Your daughter is gorgeous! You all had some fun time and memories in the making! Thank you so much for your sweet and kind visit. Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute! My kids were afraid of the dressed up characters, well, mostly my daughter. She hid under the table until she was certain that Chuck E. Cheese was nowhere around! And they both cried when they met Shamu at Sea World. I love that he high-fived Cookie Monster! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got some good pics of Taj with cookie monster. You sure do have fund times with your little guy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...