Friday, November 8, 2013

Friday Confessional



It is Friday and you all know what that means?  Yep you guessed
it, time to fess up.  Come join the fun over at Aubrey's High-Heeled Love.  She host this little party every Friday.


It has been a long time since I confessed...

I confess...

I have several comments I need to post and respond to.  I promise I will do so by the middle of next week.  I have never just sat on them so long before but I have had a lot going on.

I confess...

Most of last week I could not even see, I could not see at all out of my left eye.  They watered and watered, especially the left eye.  It also burned, it burned so much my nose even ran.  I was a mess.  Two weeks ago this coming Sunday I was participating in AquaFit and opened my eyes under water as I was coming up from cooling off.  I ended up getting a chemical burn and the burn plus my rubbing, I had a small tear in my cornea and a significant abrasion to the cornea as well.  I went to Urgent Care the next day but they just found the chemical burn and told me they would follow up with me in a couple of days to see how my eye was doing.  Friday came and nothing from them and I could not take the pain any longer, so I made an appointment to see my eye doctor and that was when I finally was prescribed an antibiotic and two different lubricants for my eye.  One was a thick gel for bed time, basically every morning I was re-tearing all the healing the cornea made during the day because my eye was drying out while I slept so, when the eye lids opened every morning... RIP!  I had to see him again on Tuesday this week.  97% healed and I have most of my eye sight back.  It will be another 2 weeks before it is 100%.  It made it difficult to do my job let alone read on the computer or books.  I also have the all is good sign to begin to exercise again.

I confess...

Todd and I started our dance lessons last night.  I loved it!

I confess...

Due to my next confession I am going to take a small blog break.  I need to focus on me emotionally right now.  I do not want to step away because Thankful Thursday's are important and I only post them in November, so I am going to take a break until Thursday and we will see how I am doing.

I confess...

I felt like a truck hit me last night while I was driving home.  Most nights I call my mom while I am driving home.  It is the only time I do not have interruptions from children while I am talking.  She informed me she is having surgery on Monday.  I was shell shocked.  I did not even know there was anything wrong.  It will be minor but I hate the thought of my mom going under anesthesia.  She had a hard time coming out of it with her last two surgeries.  She had a lump on her front side, ends up being a hernia so as I said minor surgery but I know it can have complications too because this happened to Todd's mom's boyfriend two years ago.

I confess...

She also told me some very awful news about my dad.  Remember a few weekends ago I rushed to Des Moines because he was taken to the hospital.  Fluid building up due to the liver cancer.  They ended up tapping him and drained 5 quarts of fluid, that is 10 and a half pounds of fluid they drained.  Well this scared my dad and he has been in pain now, so he has chosen to go ahead and get a new chemo doctor since the insurance company will not cover his chemo doctor.  He has gone without seeing his chemo doctor for three months and no chemo pills for that long too.   Well he saw his new chemo doctor today.  The chemo pills will not work at all now he was off of it for so long.  They have are going to start Hospice for him.  My dad lives with his mom and has two sisters and two brothers living there too.  Well one of his sisters threw a fit saying they cannot come today because she needs to have the washing machine fixed.  They also started to complain about how they do not want Hospice to come in.  They have a lot of boxes and crap stacked up making it difficult to walk.  My mom and sister also have offered for my dad to live with them while he has Hospice coming out.

I confess...

I am very very sad right now and I am having a hard time with this.  We have known for awhile he has a short amount of time with us left but I just felt he was going to beat this somehow.  He has out lived two doctors so far.

I confess...

This is why I am taking my little break.

Untitled

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Jolene and of course.. Take all of the time you need.. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, especially your mom and dad.. Hugs to you my bloggee pal.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your Dad! I will keep you and him in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jolene, I am now just catching up with you. You do have a lot on your plate. Please do take care of yourself. I will be thinking of you during the holiday and hoping that you have a good one with your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.