Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Baking and Two Recipes


Last week I showed you what I bake/make for Christmas.  This year I did have to cut back but due to time as I told you.  I made the Sugar Cookies, Chocolate Fudge, Peanut Butter Fudge, Buckeyes, Holiday Hugs, and Almond Bark Pretzels.  Click here to read about my Christmas Baking.  Most of the goodies I put into containers to give to our children and to our family.  I will also have two large patters full of the goodies out for everyone to enjoy on Christmas Eve and Christmas in Des Moines.



I made two new candies this year, Buckeyes and Tiger Candy.  My Buckeye candy I chose to cover the entire balls with the chocolate bark instead of leaving a small part uncovered which does make them look like Buckeye Nuts.  Here are my recipes for my additions.  They are delicious and will be made every year.
Buckeye Candy



Ingredients:
  • 5 1/2 cups of Powder Sugar
  • 1 2/3 cups of Peanut Butter (smooth)
  • 1 cup of melted Butter
  • Chocolate Flavored Almond Bark
Directions:
  1. In a large bowl mix Powder Sugar, Peanut Butter, and Butter until smooth.
  2. Roll mixture into 1 inch balls and set aside.
  3. In a microwaveable bowl, place four squares of the Chocolate Flavored Almond Bar and microwave for 30 seconds.  Stir and repeat heating in the microwave for 30 seconds.  Continue this process until the bark has been melted.
  4. Carefully roll the balls into the melted bark.  I used a spoon to avoid getting burnt.
  5. Place the balls on parchment paper and refrigerate for 15 minutes until firm.  
This mixture made 79 balls.  
Tiger Candy


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
  • 1/4 cup Instant Milk
  • 1 tablespoon of Honey
  • Shredded Coconut
Directions:
  1. Mix the peanut butter, dry milk, and honey together.
  2. Roll into small balls (about 1 inch), if the mixture is too dry you can add a little more honey up to 2 tablespoons.
  3. Roll the balls into coconut.
  4. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
This recipe made 15 balls for me.  Each ball has only 81 Calories and only has 4.5 grams of Carbohydrates.  Very low sugar candy, great for my diabetic husband.

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals