Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Baking

Here is what I typically bake/make during the Christmas Season.

Just click on the name for the recipe.

Fudge




Almond Bark





 

Almond Bark Snowman Stick Pretzels

I have never posted the recipe for this one.

Ingredients:
  • Pretzel Sticks
  • Almond Bark
  • Mini Chocolate Chips
  • Gummy Life Savers
  • Gum Drops
  • Fruit Roll-Up
  • Orange Frosting and Black Frosting in a tube

Directions:
  1. Heat Almond Bark either in a double boiler, stirring constantly or in a microwave (heat for 30 second and then stir, heat another 30 seconds and then stir, keep reheating 30 seconds at a time until melted.  
  2. Next take the pretzel stick and dip 3/4 of the stick.  
  3. I then placed the sticks on parchment paper and add the mini chips for eyes and buttons.  
  4. Place the Gummy Life Savers over the top of the pretzel for the brim of the snowman's hat.  
  5. Next add the gum drop, first dip the bottom in almond bark to act like glue.  A small amount is all you need.  
  6. Cut Fruit Roll-Up to the length you wish for your scarf.  I cut about 3 inches.  Once your length is cut, you will need to cut the Fruit Roll-Up in half making two 3 inch scarves.  Again, add a little almond bark as glue to place the scarf on the snowman and a little in the front to over lap the scarf.  
  7. Finally take the Orange frosting to add a nose and the black frosting for his mouth.

Cookies






Candy


I also bake/make the following as well, however this year I cut out everything I listed above.  I just did not have time to do so with going to Des Moines every weekend.  I was not able to make it the past two weekends however. Two weekends ago due to a snow storm and last weekend because I had to do my Christmas Baking and finish shopping.  The house was crying for my attention as well.  Here is the final to my baking/making line up and the only ones I did this year.
Peanut Butter Fudge and Chocolate Fudge
(no picture, follow Peanut Butter Fudge but use Chocolate Chips instead.)


I made Buckeye Candy for the first time and it will be a new tradition must.  They were very easy to make and tasty.  I will post a picture and the recipe later after I take a picture.  Look for it Next Happy List.

And finally cut out Sugar Cookies.  My picture is nothing fancy, just one I took while they were being decorated.  I also tried a new recipe this year instead of my typical Sugar Cookies by scratch when I don't cheat and use Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough.  ( I have not used it since I posted my recipe in 2010.)
This year's Sugar Cookie Recipe I found on Pinterest and was curious what the World's Best Cookies tasted like.  I have to admit I am torn.  It bakes kind of funny but I do like how the cookie is not as sweet.  Here is the World's Best Cookie Recipe link.  Only thing I would do differently is roll the dough just a little thicker than the recipe calls.  1/8 inch thin was way too thin and I think that is why my cut outs baked funky.  Overall, we were impressed, not sure if I would call it Worlds Best Cookies but it was darn good.

If I have time, I want to try a lower carb and sugar recipe candy for Todd and myself.  We did sample a little of what was made but we are really trying to be better.  Christmas time is definitely not for diabetics in our house.

What do you bake/make for Christmas?

Untitled

1 comment:

  1. Guuuuuurrrrrrrrllllll…you have been one busy bee! We're enjoying molasses cookies, snicker doodles, and monster cookies. Shelley wants to bake chocolate crinkle cookies for her HS Christmas party tomorrow. :D

    Shanley wants to try the melted snowmen and I want to try the peppermint candy fudge. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.