Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday Confessional Plus a Recipe



It is Friday and you all know what that means?  Yep you guessed it, time to fess up.  Come join the fun over at Aubrey's High-Heeled Love.  She host this little party every Friday.

I confess...

Last Saturday we had Thanksgiving Dinner with our children.  Thanksgiving Kera and Taj were in Florida and Joshua, Ethan, and Noah spent it with their Dad.  Hannah and Matthew were there but left early because it was also the first day of Hanukkah and poor Emily was not feeling well.  We did enjoy our time with Todd's Mom, her boyfriend, his sister, his niece and met his sister's boyfriend for the first time, however we wanted a nice dinner with all the kids, so we planned the weekend after.  We also wanted to have all the kids help decorate the tree.  This is something Todd has been trying to do for three years now, but most of the time it is my younger three, Joshua, Ethan, and Noah and last year Emily too.

I confess...

Kera forgot and ended up making plans with friends and went out of town.  Emily did bring Taj.  I attempted to make as close as possible to my Mother-In-Law's deviled eggs.  They are Emily's favorite.  When I have asked for the recipe, Connie always tells me she does not have one.


I was told they turned out exactly like hers.  Yay!  Score.

I confess...

Joshua was an hour late.   Hannah and Matthew were nearly three hours late.  Hannah was at the ER.  Both Joshua and Emily had plans to go out with friends so they wanted to start the tree right away.  I do not blame them.  I just wished someone would have said something.  I was under the impression they were putting it up so everyone can decorate it. By the time I was told (and Noah) it was nearly decorated.  I missed out, Taj missed out as well as Noah.  I was able to catch a few shots near the end.



We found out our star no longer lights, so we added the Angel to the top.  More pictures of the tree to come next week.

I confess...

It was not the evening I had envisioned but I enjoyed seeing and talking to all the kids. It was the beginning of not the best weekend.  It was bad enough Hannah had to go to the ER but Ethan had to be a teenage rotten mood and we ended up fighting on Sunday. He is now just beginning to talk to me and tell me he loves me again.  Emily's car was missing beginning very early Sunday morning.  She found it two days later in the ditch.   It snowed and created havoc.  Joshua blew a tire.

I confess...

With all the bad things, it was a great week at work.  I am entirely caught up for the first time in months.  All the presents which have been purchased have been wrapped and are under the tree.  This is a first in many years. Typically it is the night before I am wrapping them while Todd is at work.  Tonight Taj is spending the night and tomorrow the Christmas baking will be done and hopefully on Sunday the last of our shopping.

I confess...

Here is my Classic Deviled Eggs Recipe

Classic Deviled Eggs


Ingredients:
  •  12 eggs
  •  1/2 cup mayonnaise
  •  2 teaspoon white vinegar
  •  2 teaspoon yellow mustard
  •  1/4 teaspoon salt
  •  Freshly ground black pepper
  •  Paprika, for garnish
Directions:
  1. Boil your eggs.  I find it is easier to peel boiled eggs if you place them in a bowl of water with an ice cube in it.  Let them sit for a minute and while the eggshell is wet, crack the bottom and the shell peels off easily leaving a perfect egg.
  2. After peeling the shells, dry the eggs with a paper towel and cut in half lengthwise removing the yolk and placing it in a medium bowl.
  3. Once all eggs have been cut and the yolks removed, take a fork and smash the yolks in the medium bowl.  Keep smashing until they all have been broken down to very small pieces.
  4. Next add the Mayonnaise, Yellow Mustard, Salt, and Pepper. Mix well.
  5. Add your mixtures to the egg white.  You can do this by using a teaspoon if you wish.  I pipped mine in.
  6. Lightly sprinkle the Paprika on top of your eggs.
Untitled

2 comments:

  1. Well, on a positive note, the recipe does look amazing, and I appreciate you for sharing it. Wow, what a week you've had! What to do about young adults making poor, stupid decisions.....if you figure it out, write a book and I want to be your agent! ;P

    Bless your heart!

    Your tree is so pretty. I'll have to enjoy yours because we just put up a small tabletop tree again this year....we just don't have the space for a normal sized tree!

    I hope this week is better, hun.

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deviled eggs are the best. Sorry that Thanksgiving and tree trimming didn't turn out quite the way you were hoping. I hope that this weekend is going better. Thanks for joining the Friday Confessional party.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.