Friday, December 27, 2013

Friday Confessional


It is Friday and you all know what that means?  Yep you guessed it, time to fess up.  Come join the fun over at Aubrey's High-Heeled Love.  She host this little party every Friday.

Today is a special day, so this Friday Confessional will be a dedication to my sister Lisa.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4TroYX4Ltrc/TDATZ_DNnEI/AAAAAAAAAaU/8lDUd-mEZ9M/s1600/l_a3a890226395cd17e06bbc7a39e4ebfc.jpg

I confess...

Lisa was born on December 27, 1967. I believe I was either two or three in this picture, which made Lisa either one or two.  Lisa used to be my very best friend.  We would do so many things together.  She was the Tom Boy, until teen years, and I was the Girly Girl.  We shared a bedroom until we moved into the house my Mom still lives.  I remember we used to stand on our bed (It was a canopy bed) and act as if it was our stage.  We would run around and dance.  We would perform.  We would get into trouble.  Once my sister Katie (the youngest) was  born, we started to share bedrooms again.

I confess...

Lisa was a little ornery and could be mean to me at times. She gave me my first black eye before the age of Kindergarten by kicking me in the eye. She did not mean to do it.  My second black eye was on the count of her too. She kept picking on this boy while we were on the school bus by poking him in the back of the head with crutches all the way to school. When getting off the bus he made the mistake thinking I was Lisa and punched me in the eye.  That boy was punished by three people,  the school, his parents and Lisa made him pay for that later as well.  He never reported it was she who beat him up.  Lisa was very protective of her big sister.  She would battle anyone if she thought they were hurting me she even turned my entire class against a boy who cheated on me. 

I confess...

She has two beautiful children who have beautiful children of their own. Lisa is blessed with four grandchildren.

I confess...

This picture was taken the day Lisa was born. 


I confess...

I love her and dedicate this song to her.


They say it's your birthday
Well, it's my birthday too, yeah
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you

I confess...

She was my first birthday gift.  Lisa was born on my birthday you see.  We used to race to see who would call into the radio station and dedicate the song above to one another. She was the one who started this little tradition. The tradition stopped when I moved.  Now I get to do it through post like this or Facebook.  The song is perfect for us and she knows how much I love Paul and The Beatles. I honestly do not think she regretted listening to their songs as much as she complained. *wink*

I confess...

It has been a long time since we celebrated our birthdays with one another. I do hope in three years when I turn 50 she and I will be able to celebrate one together.

What do you have to confess?

Untitled

4 comments:

  1. What a great post Jolene. How cool to have your sis born on your birthday. The best present ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mimi! She was a pretty good birthday present.

      Delete
  2. How fun, to share your birthday with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this so much. You got a sister for your birthday….that is so cool! Happy Birthday, Sweet Friend!!!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.