Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Happy List


  photo ArtatHomeButton_zps18898da7.jpg

It is time for our HAPPY LIST party hosted by Ricki Jill over at ART @ HOME.  Go on over and check out all the happiness.

This week's Happy List ...

My Happy List is being posted a day late because of some unhappy issues but let us move on.

I am HAPPY that my Grandma Rich is still around.
 
I do not have any recent photos of her.  Can you guess which one is me?

I am seeing her a lot more lately since I have been going down to see my Dad every weekend.  She just celebrated her birthday this past Monday.  She is now 90 years old.  I have to repeat who is who of my boys to her several times when we do visit and if one of them brings their girlfriend, then it is "Joleney, which boy does this girl belong to again?"  She tells us every time how where we are living is her old stomping grounds.  She tells the same stories every time.  The boys get a kick out of her.  I am glad.  My oldest two have a different name for her. When they were little they re-named my grandparents because they were confused having a Grandma Rich and a Great Grandma Rich and they just could not remember Great Grandma and Great Grandpa O'Connor's last name so...

 My Grandma and Grandpa O'Connor with just a few of us cousins.  Can you find Jolene?

My Grandma O'Connor and Grandpa O'Connor became Grandma and Grandpa Hi-Ho Cherrio.  This was because every time they went over to visit they would play the game.  Ethan and Noah never met my Grandma O'Connor, she died when I was barely pregnant with Ethan.  When she died the boys had to put cherries in her casket to take with her.  *smile*  
 My Grandpa O'Connor loved his dogs!

My Grandma Rich they named Grandma Take Your Shoes Off because once they stepped in the door they always had to take their shoes off.  *smile*
 My Grandpa Rich has been gone the longest.  I am sure you can find me in this one.

I am HAPPY my boys are seeing my Grandma Rich more often.  She does provide some humor while we are there.   I miss my Grandparents who have passed but I know I will see them some day and they will be there to greet me.  I am HAPPY I have such wonderful memories of my Grandparents, such HAPPY HAPPY times.  I want to make memories like these for my grandchildren.  I know my boys have them with my Mom and they have a few with my Dad and their Grandma Titler.

What are you HAPPY about this week?

Untitled

1 comment:

  1. LOL This post is fantastic. I make people take off their shoes, too!!! ;P
    But you know that I'm a germaphobe….

    Now, let's find Jolene…..hmmmm…..Girl on left in top photo…and the girl with the big smile in the other???? Am I right????????

    SO happy you linked-up!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...