Thursday, December 5, 2013

Throwback Thursday #1


When I started my little blog it was also to post memories, this way my children will have a place to reference.   I used to do a Flashback Friday, but then the scanner died and I started to participate in a couple of memes on Friday so it fell to the side.  I think I am going to bring it back but on Thursdays now and it will be Throwback Thursday. 




Due to the time of year, I thought it would be fun to post an old Christmas picture of me and one of my sisters.  I believe I was nearly three in this Christmas morning picture.  Nearly because two days later I would be three and my sister Lisa would be two.  Our birthdays are exactly one year a part.  I vaguely remember this house we lived in.  Oddly it is this Christmas I vaguely remember.  We had a lot of snow and when we went to visit Grandparents, the snow was up to my waist.  I do remember the table and chairs we received that year as well as my baby doll and our bottle warmer and light set.  Honestly, I forgot it had a bottle warmer attached to the light.  I remember how I loved to have the lights off and only the little lamps on.  We had those toys for years.  I also have a lot of fond memories of our Tinsel Christmas Tree.  You cannot see the red and pink Christmas balls.  We had that tree until I was in Kindergarten.  It was ruined when our basement flooded.  I remember standing at the top of the stairs to the basement.  The water covered maybe the first two or three steps and our Tinsel Christmas Tree was floating at the bottom of the steps. 

Untitled

4 comments:

  1. Love this! I also have a sister named Lisa and we, too, had a tinsel tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an adorable photo and my Grandma had one of those tinsel trees. I loved it! So happy you're posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jolene. You look so sweet there holding your little doll! Nice memories!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.