Saturday, January 18, 2014

Friday Confessional


It is Friday and you all know what that means?  Yep you guessed it, time to fess up.  Come join the fun over at Aubrey's High-Heeled Love.  She host this little party every Friday.


I confess...

Yes, My Friday Confessional is being posted on Saturday.  I did not tend to take a week off from blogging.  It just happened.

I confess...

My week was not a fun week and I just do not want to clog up my blog with sadness and I had no energy to go searching for the fun and happiness.  It was a tough one.  Watching a parent losing their battle is very hard, but I cannot imagine how hard it is watching your child losing their battle and that is what my 90 year old Grandmother is doing.  She is having a very hard time of it.  I fear for her too now.

I confess...

Things looking to be improved for my niece Miranda so far from her operation. This Tuesday she will have the magnet activated.  She had this magnet thing implanted in her chest and wires going to the brain.  While she is beginning a seizure my sister will place another special magnet on it and it will send some sort of shock to the brain to stop the seizures.  We are in hopes this will work because the only medicine which is controlling her seizures to only a few (sometimes several) a week is causing the diabetes and pancreatic.  The doctors mentioned poor Miranda seems to get all the worse case scenario side affects from medicine.  The less medicine will also hopefully let Miranda thrive more.  She was talking more in the hospital.

I confess...

Both of my parents were tickled when they heard her calling for her Mom while she was in the hospital.  My father is on a cloud every time she says "love you" to him.  Miranda is his sunshine and she loves his attention.  He favors her and I am perfectly fine with that.  They both deserve this special bond.  She is his inspiration during his battle with cancer.  Living with my sister, Katie, I think is the best thing for him.  He gets the interaction more, he has my sister making sure he takes his medicine properly, he even gets babied by her.  He also gets to see his Miranda daily now along with the other sweet granddaughters.

I confess...

Kaylee and Lexi are special little girls too.  They are Miranda's older sisters.  They are much wiser than their age and do not fear having their great grandfather dieing in their home.  I have to admit I was worried about that but after hearing how they think this is normal way of death and how they say their grandpa will be their angel watching over them and protecting them while they are in their home really touched my heart.  They are only in fourth and second grade and to believe that is remarkable.

I confess...

We only had Taj two nights this week.  He is exactly what I need.  He brings smiles to my face right now and lets me forget the sadness.   My Christmas decorations are still up downstairs.  Thursday I arrived home the same time Todd and Taj did.  Taj and I went inside while Todd went to the mailbox.  Once I opened our door from the garage, Taj ran to the Christmas tree and then to the middle of the room.  He had this beautiful sweet smile on his face and spun a slow circle with his arms spread wide apart and fingers flickering.  "It's Christmas!" in his most angelic voice. 

I confess...

I almost do not want to take my decorations down today because of that. He did the exact same thing with Todd the night before. 

Untitled

1 comment:

  1. what a a lovely yet sad post. Wish you all the best. Children are the best thing to lighten a mood they can make you smile without even realising.

    Carrieanne xx
    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...