Monday, January 13, 2014

Tough Sunday


Every trip is getting tougher.  
My Dad is in more pain.
Definitely a change in just two weeks.
He is giving his things away now.
He is trying to make less for others.
Mom broke down and cried.
Why could not I?

I have to be the strong one for them.
I have to be the strength.

I want to focus on the fun with him.
While we have him.
He still has his humor.
We get a glimpse of it from time to time.

My aunt Julie steps into the kitchen.  She has not seen my children for years, even though we have been visiting my Dad now for months at my Grandmother's house.  My younger two are with me.  Her jaw drops open.  Her eyes bug out.  She mentions how big they have grown.  The last time she saw them, Noah was in diapers.  I have Ethan stand up. He is my third and is seventeen.  He is six foot.  Noah then stands up, he is close to 5' 6" and is fourteen.  Taller than me.  My aunt is amazed how tall they are, especially Ethan.  My Dad slowly stands up and with a toothless grin, stands between the boys and announces, "I am this tall and I am 65 years old."  We all look at him and laugh.

These are the moments I will be randomly entering on my page from this point forward.  These are the moments I want to remember.

His humor. 

Untitled

2 comments:

  1. It's so good to keep a journal of moments like these. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet moment for you, Jolene! Your dad with your boys….I love this post! Stay strong, Sweetie! I'm praying for you.

    Shelley was at school for one hour before I had to turn around and check her out yesterday. She's sick with a virus, but her fever isn't high enough for it to be the flu, thank heavens! She's home today, and we're just staying home….I'm trying to get a few chores done, visit my blog friends, and empty out my email inbox which is overflowing right now!

    {{{{{hugs}}}}} from Alabama,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals