Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Valentine's Day Painting


I love Valentine's Day!  It is my absolutely favorite holiday.  Now, I know some people think it is over rated and you should not just once a year share your love and well  I DO NOT!   I share it every day but this holiday has always been a true holiday.  It is all about LOVE!  The one holiday my Dad never ever ever was drunk on.  It is not about the gifts because I have had more Valentine's Day without gifts.  I love it because of love is everywhere.  It is such a positive holiday.  Now, I understand some are down because they do not have someone or feel that way.  Well, I have never felt that way even when I was single or without a date.  You can find love with your friends or family. 

I came across this saying while on Pinterest.  "Every Love Story is Beautiful, but OURS is my FAVORITE."    I knew I wanted to make a painting to place on my mantel at that moment.  I thought it would be great to add two birds in the mix as well.  Once I had that idea, I knew exactly what I wanted.


I am thrilled with the way it turned out.  Here is a picture of my background.  

 Once the background dried, I made my branch with the hearts in place of the leaves.
 Then added my birds. 
 Here is a close up of the birds and the branch.
Last, I added the saying.
 
You know, I am so happy with the way it turned out, 
I almost do not want to pack it away after Valentine's Day.
I may need to find a place to hanging it permanently.


 Untitled

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals