Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday's Song


I just love this song.  I know it is an old one but while watching 42 I kept hearing this song every time they said "Jackie" in the movie.  Great movie {I had a tear come down my cheek when the movie ended}, Great song!  Although the Jackie in the song is not for Jacki Robinson I could not help myself from hearing this song.  The song is referring to Jackie Wilson and since the song is playing over and over in my head, it should naturally be my Sunday's Song this week. Enjoy!


The Commodores wrote this song to tribute two singers Marvin Gaye and Jackie Wilson, who both died in 1984.  Both artist remind me of happy days when I was much much younger and only had one sister.  I can still see the living room connected to the dinning room in the house my parents rented on East Madison across the street from my grandparents.  My parents would dance to their music.  Music and dancing has always been happy things in my life.  As an added bonus, a song from each of the men.




Musical Mondays at My So-Called Chaos></a>
<br />
<br /></div>
<div style=

Untitled 

2 comments:

  1. I love that song Nightshift! LOVE it!
    Did you know that The Commodores are from Tuskegee, Alabama?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Commodores.. Their music brings back the happy for me too. :) Great tunes Jolene. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...