Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wednesday Woo Hoos





Woo Hoo it is Wednesday, it is that time of week again to share what I am happy about other than the week is half over.

Woo Hoo!  One step closer to having my Grandparent wall completed in the main living room.
 I absolutely love the way the painting turned out.  My lighting is poor, the back ground color is a neutral color with amber brown, white, and navy blue streaks blended.  I then took crimson red and painted my heart.  Once the heart was dried I added the white diagonal stripes to it.  After the heart was completed, I used coca brown for my wording.  I cannot wait for the wall to be completed.  I am hoping to have it completed by this next weekend.  Woo Hoo!  My painting was inspired by this from Pinterest.
#grandparents quote
 This came from a Google search on Pinterest

Saturday Taj and I baked cupcakes.  He is so funny.  On Monday (the week prior) he did not want to go home, so I made a promise to him that the next time he comes over we would bake cupcakes.  He was so excited.  Saturday morning came and as he was climbing up the stairs he asked me when we were going to bake the cupcakes.  He remembered all on his own.  After breakfast we started because he could not wait any longer.  

While the cupcakes were baking, he ran into the small living room and played with his trucks.


Every now and then he would run into the kitchen and check on the cupcakes.  Nana always leaves the light on when baking with Taj around, this way Taj can keep an eye on it.
After the cupcakes cooled and after lunch (because Nana was not born yesterday) we frosted the cupcakes.
I placed some frosting in a small bowl and gave him a plastic knife to frost his cupcake.
Naturally, his Nana knew what was coming when the frosting part started.  It was the taste testing part of the job.  Taj thought Woo Hoo for frosting.  It is his favorite part of the cupcake or cake.

He was really into eating the frosting.  I loved how engrossed he was.
Then he decided to start to eat his cupcake.  This is why his Nana made sure lunch was first.  I have been through this with his uncles when they were his age.

We frosted that cupcake maybe five times throughout day until his Mama came because that is what being a grandparent is all about.  Spoiling them and giving them more sugar than you would your own child, never too much where he will get sick but more than a normal serving for a day.  He has a lot of energy and he will easily burn it off.
After frosting, I let him sprinkle the cupcakes and of course all the loose green sugar sprinkles he ate too.  It was so funny because he thought he was so sneaky and getting away with it.  The day before our baking, Todd and I were at the Dollar Tree and I found this little cupcake carrier near the check out.  I just had to get it, this way Taj could take some of the cupcakes home with him on Saturday.
I think the little container is adorable and for only a dollar what a steal!  He loved taking the cupcakes home too.  I cannot promise they looked as good at this by the time he got home because he was swinging his little cupcake container around as he carried it. 

What do you have to Woo Hoo about this week?

Untitled

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a great little cupcake carrier. :D Look at Taj. His posts always make me smile. I think it's so cute he remembered the cupcakes and held you to it!

    I really love your art. You know that there are companies out there that likes to license and reproduce art like that (prints) on canvas wrapped frames. ;P

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet kid! The cupcakes look delicious ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals