Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wednesday Woo Hoos



Yes, it is that time of week to let out jump high and let out a Woo Hoo.

My first Woo Hoo is, I do not think I shared my department's bulletin board a co-worker and I decorated this month.  We get a lot of compliments on our board.  I sit right by it and it makes me Happy at work when I see it and hear people commenting while they walk by.  I really would love a Cricit like she has. I could do so many things with it!


My next Woo Hoo is the painting class I went to last night.  When I saw this painting class I knew I wanted to do it.  I thought of my son when he went to Spain.  I also thought of our ballroom dancing classes and I wanted to do this in the worse way.  I only hoped my lady would look decent.  I am very HAPPY with the way she turned out.  This one I am going to definitely frame.

Flamenco Dancer

I loved the different textures of the background.  I loved the bodice of the gown and the shading.  I was happy with the way the dress flowed and my fans.

A closer view of the bodice and one of the fans.

At first I was not happy with her hair but then I added a few highlights and it came to life.

 A close up of her hair and my other fan.
 
Here is a video of someone doing a Flamenco Dance.
 
  
Can you not feel her dancing movements in my painting?   I am so surprised how I actually captured the feeling of her dancing.
(I took my painting off the wall to try to get another picture without the flash glare in the kitchen where I have better lighting, however the gold background did not turn out as the true color it is.)

Originally I was going to give it to my son as a gift.  Although he loved it he told me he felt it was to feminine for a bachelor's pad.  I had to crack up thinking of him having a bachelor's pad. Now I am trying to decide if I shall keep it or give it to my Mother to hang in her family room with other drawings of mine.  I do love it so I am so torn.  Every time I walk by it, I have to stop and smile.  I really did not think I was going to do a good job with this one.  I honestly surprised myself.

What do you have to Woo Hoo about?

Untitled

1 comment:

  1. How can you not smile????? LOVE the red dress….you did an amazing job on her. The bulletin board is so cheerful. LOVE IT! :D

    Fin is keeping me busy! ;P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...