Saturday, May 10, 2014

Friday Confessional



It is Friday and you all know what that means?  Yep you guessed it, time to fess up.  Come join the fun over at Aubrey's High-Heeled Love.  She host this little party every Friday.  (Yes, I know it is Saturday.)



I confess...


I need to get with it again.  I am more disorganized than I have ever been and I have to get my act together real fast.  I have so much to do this month in order to have the house ready for Taj's birthday party.  Not only the house but the party itself.


I confess...


Todd started our backyard garden. Today I am going to get out and work in the flower gardens and plant my planters. I might even get to our community garden plot tomorrow.  I love gardening and watch for some pictures of the beginnings next week.

I confess...

Today is my oldest son, Matthew's birthday.  Tomorrow he will come over and we will celebrate it with a dinner.   I cannot wait to see him again.

I confess...

Iowa City has new artwork up all over the city.  Parade of Herky 2.  They did the first Parade of Herky in  2004.

 The Herky style from the first parade

In 2011, Iowa City did something different and had several displays of book art.  I posted about it and if you want to see all of them and read about it you can by clicking here. I was able to get a picture of all but the one at the Cedar Rapids Airport.  It might be the only place I do not go to for the Parade of Herky 2 as well.


There is a total of 83 new Herkys and I plan to get a picture of as many of them as possible.

I confess...

I am very sad to say... one I will not get a picture of or see in real life.

The statues will be on display beginning May 5 through August.  On May 8 someone vandalized this one.  

 Des Moines Register

He was found Friday early morning face down.  They had to take him down.  It is so sad people think they have to vandalize.  It is also sad for this artist, she spent over 120 hours and 3 weeks on it she also made a mosaic one in 2004 and it was vandalized then too, so very sad.

 What do you have to confess this week?

 Untitled

2 comments:

  1. That parade of artwork is pretty cool. I really like the Clifford piece. What a shame that some people don't know how to respect work this is displayed for public enjoyment.

    Thanks for joining the Friday Confessional party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so sad that someone would destroy what someone else so lovingly did for everyone to enjoy. It's good to come by and visit you! I haven't been around much lately, but that should change soon. Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals