Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Happy List~Gardening

Our gardens make me so HAPPY... both vegetable gardens and flowers.  We have two vegetable gardens again this year.  One at the community garden plot.

 This is our garden two weeks ago.
 Above and below are pictures from last night.
 We have onions, eggplants, 21 tomato plants, pepper plants (hot, banana, and several bell) squash (summer and spaghetti), zucchini, and cucumbers.
 Woo Hoo first zucchini plants coming up.
 
 Look at all the beautiful tomato plants.
 A couple of the pepper plants are stating to get blooms.
 The onions look beautiful.
Home of the squash, zucchini, and cucumbers

There is also our backyard garden, which Todd plans to enlarge next year to 24' x 24'.  This year it is still 16' x 24'.  Our backyard garden will be mainly greens and a few other things.

 
 
Above pictures taken 2 weeks ago.  
We have peas, cabbage, broccoli, Chinese cabbage, kohlrabi, radish, carrots, beans, lettuce, celery, turnips, turnip greens, kale, 6 tomato plants, and cauliflower.

Pictures below were taken last night.
 Close up of turnip greens.
 We line the fence with rows of beans (above and below) 
and a close up of a couple of the tomato plants in our backyard garden.  They are doing great. 
 
 My gardener with a few radish he harvested.  He planted three different types.
 Carrots in first row, radish in the next two rows.
 Cabbage, Cauliflower, and broccoli, Oh My!
 I love the beauty of purple cabbage.
 In the far upper right corner of the picture is celery.  Behind the cabbage is some kohlrabi plants.
 
 
 Our peas growth were stunted for awhile due to bunny rabbits gnawing on them.

Most of my flowers are not blooming at this time but the lilac bushes and iris are. (I missed taking a picture of my yellow and purple iris this year.)
 
 
 I love this picture although the lilacs are not the focus.
The neighbor's white picket fence with the flowers in the foreground is pretty to me.
 
 
To the left of my picture behind the blurred lilac, 
I tried to focus a little on my butterfly/humming bird garden.
Do you see it?

I missed the pictures of the first blooms in my butterfly/humming bird garden but the Sylvia is coming in beautiful now.
 

Our gardens make me so HAPPY.  Trust me, you will see more pictures of them this season as well.  What are you happy about this week?

Untitled


1 comment:

  1. I love gardens and garden pictures. So nice to see things growing! My garden is often referred to as my "happy place". Can't wait to start harvesting soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.