Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sunday's Song


This past week I was really into listening to this song.  I love the beat of this song.  It also relaxed me while I was very stressed at work. I play my MP3 player and have it on shuffle.   I found that I was tapping my foot along with the rhythm and at times found my left hand was tapping my desk if I was not using it on the keyboard.  This song also takes me back to Saturday mornings.  Music was always on Saturday morning and most Saturday evenings too while I was young.  This song reminded me a lot of my Dad.  I can still see him in my head singing along.  The best part of this song this week...I had no tears while I listened.  I was able to think of pleasant memory with my Dad and no tears.  Who knows, maybe my Dad was soothing me like when I was a small child?  I know he is with us and I am sure he knows all the stress I have been under lately.   Due to the way it made me feel so relaxed and I was able to close the entire world out so I can concentrate on my work, I ended up putting this song on repeat for a couple of days.  Enjoy!


"Knockin' On Heaven's Door"

Ma, take this badge off of me.
I can't use it any more.
It's getting dark, too dark to see.
Feel like I'm knockin' on heaven's door.

[Chorus:]
Knock, knock, knockin' on heavens door.
Knock, knock, knockin' on heavens door.
Knock, knock, knockin' on heavens door.
Knock, knock, knockin' on heavens door.

Ma, take these guns away from me.
I can't shoot them any more.
There's a long black cloud following me.
Feel like I'm knockin' on heaven's door.

[Chorus]

[Repeat First Verse]

[Chorus]
I will also be playing along with Miss Angie's Musical Mondays over at My So-Called Chaos.  Check out all the songs others have been listening to this week.

Musical Mondays at My So-Called Chaos></a>There's nothing in my life, <br />I'd say I regret, <br />But there's something in your eyes that makes me forget, <br />The times that I believed that love was good as love could be, <br />I had it all, but I was wrong.<br /><br />Thought I'd been touched, <br />Thought I'd been kissed, <br />Thought I'd been loved, <br />But it was nothing like this.<br /><br />You can't describe the sea, <br />Unless you been there before.<br />It's just a mystery, <br />Until your standing on the shore, <br />And moved by every wave <br />Taking your breath away like you do, <br />To me.<br /><br />Thought I'd been touched, <br />Thought I'd been kissed, <br />Thought I'd been loved, <br />But it was nothing nothing like this.<br /><br />It's like another life, <br />Like I haven't felt a thing, until you.<br /><br />Thought I'd been touched, <br />Thought I'd been kissed, <br />Thought I'd been loved, <br />But it was nothing like this.<br /><br />Ohhhhh hooo<br />It was nothing like this<br /><br />Ohhhhhh ohhhhhhh ohh<br /><br />Nothing like, nothing like this.<br /><br />Ohhhhhhhhhhhh</div><div class=

Untitled

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals