Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sunday's Song


This song reminds me of 1985 after I graduated.  Alright, the Summer of '85.  My Mom and my two youngest sisters moved to Georgia a couple of weeks after I graduated.  I drove down with the three of them and my Mom sung this song every time we heard it.  She also sung it every time we drove any where while I was there for the week, then flew back to Iowa.  I felt so alone during that time period (until October when they moved back) because my sister who is a year younger than I am took the flight back to Georgia so they all were there and I was here in Iowa staying at my Grandparents empty house because they were in Minnesota for the summer.  I would listen to this song a lot.

Fast forward... I am so excited!  My Mom will be staying with me during the 4th of July weekend.  She will be coming on July 3rd because Coralville has there big celebration for the 4th on the 3rd.  Every year they have a free concert and this year it will be Jefferson Starship.  As soon as I found out, I asked my Mom if she wanted to come down the night before to see them in concert.  It did not take long at all for her to say yes. Now, I only pray the weather holds out.   Enjoy!

  
"We Built This City"

We built this city
We built this city on rock and roll
Built this city
We built this city on rock and roll

Say you don't know me or recognize my face
Say you don't care who goes to that kind of place
Knee deep in the hoopla, sinking in your fight
Too many runaways eating up the night

Marconi plays the mambo, listen to the radio
Don't you remember?
We built this city
We built this city on rock and roll

We built this city
We built this city on rock and roll
Built this city
We built this city on rock and roll

Someone's always playing corporation games
Who cares, they're always changing corporation names
We just want to dance here, someone stole the stage
They call us irresponsible, write us off the page

Marconi plays the mambo, listen to the radio
Don't you remember?
We built this city
We built this city on rock and roll

We built this city
We built this city on rock and roll
Built this city
We built this city on rock and roll

It's just another Sunday
In a tired old street
Police have got the choke hold, oh
Then we just lost the beat

Who counts the money underneath the bar?
Who rides the wrecking ball into our guitars?
Don't tell us you need us 'cause we're the ship of fools
Looking for America, coming through your schools

(I'm looking out over that Golden Gate bridge on another gorgeous sunny Saturday and I'm seein' that bumper to bumper traffic.)

Don't you remember? (remember)

(Here's your favorite radio station, in your favorite radio city, the city by the bay, the city that rocks, the city that never sleeps.)

Marconi plays the mambo, listen to the radio
Don't you remember?
We built this city
We built this city on rock and roll

We built this city
We built this city on rock and roll
Built this city
We built this city on rock and roll
Built this city (oh)
We built this city on rock and roll
Built this city
We built this city on rock and roll

(We built, we built this city) built this city (we built, we built this city)
(We built, we built this city) built this city (we built, we built this city)
(We built, we built this city) built this city (we built, we built this city)
(We built, we built this city) built this city (we built, we built this city) 

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...