Saturday, July 26, 2014

6 Years Ago Today!


I know I have confessed my love several times for my husband but I really am in love with this man.  I feel so blessed to have my best friend be everything to me.  I know what it is like to be with someone who does not appreciate you.  I was married to one for 15 years.  Todd, well he is my soul mate. It took me 37 years to find him but I found him.
 
This picture was taken a day before our anniversary last year in Yellowstone.
 
This man is my rock.  He completes me.  I could not have made it through this year without him or at least sanely without him.  There are so many things I love about this man.  I love his humor, I love his spirit.  I love the way he looks at me.  You know, I have a self esteem issue and do not find myself attractive one bit, but sometimes I feel beautiful because the way he looks at me.  At times, his eyes and the way he smiles right before he tells me how beautiful I am or how lucky he is to have me I can see the beauty he is seeing in me.

Last week I had a couple of bad days of missing my Dad.  Any time I get a voice mail, the phone asks me if I want to re-save old messages and all but one are of my Dad. After hearing him sing "Happy Birthday"  I just cried and cried.  I was alone in my car and I called my Grandma to see how she is doing.  She told me not good, she is always saying that, and she asked me how I was.  I started to cry and told her I miss my Dad so much.  She was there for me and while we were talking she told me what a great husband I have.  My Dad was so happy I found a good man to love me because that is all he wanted for all of his girls.  She told me she could see how much he loved me by the way he looked at me. She is right, you can tell by the way he looks at me.
 
 I truly have a good time with this man!  He makes it a point to make me smile and laugh.

The chorus of this song makes me think of Todd.



"All Of Me"

[Verse 1:]
What would I do without your smart mouth?
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
You've got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down
What's going on in that beautiful mind
I'm on your magical mystery ride
And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright

[Pre-Chorus:]
My head's under water
But I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

[Chorus:]
'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you, ohoh

[Verse 2:]
How many times do I have to tell you
Even when you're crying you're beautiful too
The world is beating you down, I'm around through every mood
You're my downfall, you're my muse
My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues
I can't stop singing, it's ringing, in my head for you

[Pre-Chorus:]
My head's under water
But I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

[Chorus:]
'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you, ohoh

[Bridge:]
Give me all of you
Cards on the table, we're both showing hearts
Risking it all, though it's hard

[Chorus:]
'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you

I give you all of me
And you give me all of you, ohoh


I think it is a couple of reasons why I feel this way. Todd tells me my size does not matter to him.  He loves all of me and I am beautiful inside and outside.  The "love your curves and all your edges"  makes me think of that line in the chorus and I have had so many edges this year with mood swings from everything I have gone through.  He has been there every bit of the way and even shared my tears some when it came to Noah.  We do give all of us to one another.  The "All your perfect imperfections" part reminds me of an email he sent me a few days before we actually met for the first time.  We had been chatting online and emailing one another several times a day and I was worried he would not like what he actually sees.  He found this Chinese proverb and sent it to me. 
A diamond with a flaw is worth more than a pebble without imperfections.

He told me I am his diamond, so the line "All your perfect imperfections" makes me think of our first date.
 
I cannot believe we have been with one another nine and a half years now and today we are in Chicago celebrating our 6th Anniversary.  Six years ago today, I married my Prince Charming. I love you Todd and as you say to me "You are my Moon and Stars" and I feel so very blessed that you feel the same way about me.  Happy Anniversary sweetheart.

Musical Mondays at My So-Called Chaos></a>There's nothing in my life, <br />I'd say I regret, <br />But there's something in your eyes that makes me forget, <br />The times that I believed that love was good as love could be, <br />I had it all, but I was wrong.<br /><br />Thought I'd been touched, <br />Thought I'd been kissed, <br />Thought I'd been loved, <br />But it was nothing like this.<br /><br />You can't describe the sea, <br />Unless you been there before.<br />It's just a mystery, <br />Until your standing on the shore, <br />And moved by every wave <br />Taking your breath away like you do, <br />To me.<br /><br />Thought I'd been touched, <br />Thought I'd been kissed, <br />Thought I'd been loved, <br />But it was nothing nothing like this.<br /><br />It's like another life, <br />Like I haven't felt a thing, until you.<br /><br />Thought I'd been touched, <br />Thought I'd been kissed, <br />Thought I'd been loved, <br />But it was nothing like this.<br /><br />Ohhhhh hooo<br />It was nothing like this<br /><br />Ohhhhhh ohhhhhhh ohh<br /><br />Nothing like, nothing like this.<br /><br />Ohhhhhhhhhhhh</div><div class=

Untitled

3 comments:

  1. You were made for each other! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to read about your happiness.
    I was in a foul mood, trying to perk me up and through Todd, with you, I'm smiling and teary and I know that there's happiness in your corner and I couldn't be happier for you and with you, Dear Friend.
    I have no idea where your insecurities come but he's right you know? You are indeed beautiful inside and out...
    Happy Anniversary, lovely Couple! Thank you Todd!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post, Jolene! Congratulations on your anniversary with your one and only Prince Charming!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals