Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Books N' Bloggers Show & Tell

Good things come to those who wait!  Although my box may have been lost (Boy, the box took a beating too!) it arrived tonight and I am thrilled!!!!
 
 I participated with Books N' Bloggers Swap hosted by Chaotic Goddess Swaps.  This is my favorite swap!  I was paired up with Amanda from Off The Book.  She is such a sweet young woman who has accomplished a lot in her time.  I am sure she makes her parents proud.  Amanda is from Staten Island, New York.  New York is on my bucket list to go and see.  I was so excited.  Here is my package!
Amanda definitely spoiled me.  I like my little book mark pad.  How unique, I have never seen anything like this.  I loved her personal letter with the sketches on it!  I love things like that.  I really really do!  She also sent a I Love NY deck of cards.  I have been wanting to pick up a nice deck of cards. Thank you!
 
Amanda sent me four books:

The Silent Wife by A.S.A Harrison
The Reluctant Heiress by Eva Ibottson 
Gilt by Katherine Longshore
The Other Countess by Eve Edwards
 
 After reading the synopsis from Goodreads, they all look good. I am not sure which one to start with.

Amanda not only spoiled me but she also sent books for my grandson.  He loves books and we love to read to him.  Our library is growing here for someday many grandchildren but for now one very special boy.  I have never read any of these so I am very excited.  I know what I will be doing on Saturday with him.

Three bonus books for grandchildren:

Cat Napped! by Leeza Hernandez
Oliver's Tree by Kit Chase
Runaway Tomato by Kim Cooley Reeder

Thanks Amanda for such a wonderful package!  Thank you Beth and Miss Angie for hosting my favorite swap!

Untitled

3 comments:

  1. Looks like she sent you a wonderful package of books! I read Gilt a few years ago and liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so bummed I missed out on this swap. I had so much fun last time when we were partners. Looks like you have some good reads and fun books for Taj too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- well done, Amanda! That's a fantastic package! I love that she included books for your grandson. And I think the playing cards are a sign that a trip to New York is in order! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.