Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Quick Hello!


Oh my dear friends! Life has been very busy lately here and the weather has been very different.  Last week we had beautiful Fall weather the temperatures were barely in the 70's when typically it is our hottest time of the year.  All because of another polar vertex.  This week!  This week we are back to normal and have heat index of 100.

I know it has been over a week since I have posted but it has been very busy week.  We began our de-cluttering a little early in hopes to do somethings that are fun while we are on vacation next week.  I will post the rooms later we are working on, however no before pictures.  They are awful!!!!  It will feel great once everything is done.  We do plan on doing some things on basically our staycation around here.  We have found some really cool things to do while I have been looking for all the Herkys on Parade.  I only have 11 left and then I will have photos of all 84.  Yes, I had posted previously that there were 83 of them but they were sneaky and snuck another one on July 15th and only gave clues to where his home is for now.  The first 10 people who located him won a prize.  I did not try but they did disclose this Golden Herky's location and we will be going to visit it.   Next week we will catch the remaining.

Tonight Kera graduates from Capri for massage therapy.  She took her boards last week and passed with flying colors.  I believe she ended up with the highest score from her class.  I am very proud of her.  She now has her license for therapist as well as her previous license for esthetician.   Her work schedule will be changing soon and I will have every other weekend free once again.  I am looking forward to it because I plan on painting or doing some sight seeing around home.  I cannot wait.

I will not be participating with Friday's Literary or Confessionals this week.  I probably will not be posting much next week either.  Tonight I am going to try to work on my post for Saturday and maybe Sunday's Song if I have time and schedule them to post later, that is if I have time tonight after the graduation.  I am also trying to pack everything Todd and I need for our little trip.  Tomorrow after work, he and I will be going for the weekend to Chicago where we will celebrate our anniversary which is Saturday.  Joshua and his girlfriend, McKenzie will be around home to keep their eye out on Ethan and Noah.

Our gardens are keeping us busy too!  The squash loves the cooler and wet temperatures as well as the beans and we are still getting peas, so not normal.  Our peppers and tomatoes do not like the cooler and wet weather one bit. We will not have a bumper crop of tomatoes this year.  We might get one harvest only from the plants.  I will be canning less this year.

On my down time this past week, I have been reading some blogs but I am also trying to finish this great book I am reading to meet my goal for the month.  I truly do not want to put the book down but I do not even have a lot of time to enjoy reading lately because I do not have much idle time.  Look at the sidebar of my blog and you will see what I am currently reading.

Watch for my Herky Parade post.  I think there will be about three or four post in all.  They are so interesting and I absolutely love the hunt!   Here is a little sneak peak of one of my favorites.


Here is a picture I took at the location of one of the Herky's.  


I never knew this place even existed.  The rec area is new and it is one of the places we plan to go next week and take any of the kids who are not working that day. They will be on the lake with either paddle boats, canoes, kayaks or those stand up surf boards while I take pictures.  I cannot wait and watch for a post about our day there.  

Bye for now!


Untitled

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have been busy, Jolene. We are in the middle of moving across the country so I haven't been blogging as much as I usually do. Congratulations to Kera.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals