Sunday, August 10, 2014

Navy Pier~ Smith Museum of Stained Glass Windows


While we were in Chicago to celebrate our anniversary we left our beautiful Eaglewood Resort (click here to read about the Resort and Spa)  and headed to the Navy Pier in Chicago.  We parked our wonderful rented vehicle.
 
We loved this little SUV.  

Once parked we entered into the Navy Pier building.  We have been here a couple of times,



but we have never walked through the entire building before and we had several hours before our cruise so we decided to check it out.  The first thing we found was the Smith Museum of Stained Glass Windows. I absolutely loved them and I love the fact Todd is so willing to do things he would have not thought of and I absolutely love when he is so surprised in the end how much he enjoyed doing it.  Just like the time we went to the Garfield Conservatory in Chicago.  You can read about it by clicking here Vacations 2010.
Theses windows (150 displays) are apart of Chicago's artistic history and cultural and they represent windows from 1870 to present.  Some of the artist include Louis Comfort Tiffany and John LaFarge, as well as Chicago artists Ed Paschke and Roger Brown.  The museum is free to the public.  Warning:  Below is an over load of photos but they are too beautiful not to share.










Above is a 3-D stained glass is what they are calling it.  
My picture does not do any justice for this window.








Above is one of my favorites.



Below is another favorite.
Jesus with the little children.


The following six I love as well.
The colors are so vibrant.
I think they are done by Louis Comfort Tiffany.









Below is my ultimate favorite.  
It was Todd's favorite too.
We also enjoyed this one.
This is only a small sample of what we saw some the lighting were too poor to take a picture of.  A few I did not find as interesting or looked like others I took a picture of prior.  One they did have but the light behind it was too poor was a Martin Luther King Jr stained glass window.  It was neat and I wished the light behind it was better. We actually had a great time.  The rest of the building was restaurants and stores. 
Eaglewood Resort and Spa
Navy Pier~Smith Museum of Stained Glass Windows
Architectural Tour On The Chicago River
Millennium Park ~Chicago
Untitled

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos - I'd like to visit there sometime!
    Please share at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2014/08/frooms-with-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been to Chicago so many times but have never explored this. How beautiful Jolene.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals