Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sunday's Song

I just fell in love with this beat about a month ago the song has been in my head all week, so I think it is only natural to post it.  I know I have some blog friends who posted it prior but the song is so great and the message is absolutely something I need to let sink into me.  Always feeling I need to be skinner than I am and if I am not then there is something wrong with me.  You know what is sad?  I felt that way back in 7th grade.

 
I am the oldest in the back left, hiding my body with my little cousin and little sister.
 
See that picture?  I was in sweatpants in the dead of middle Summer in Texas because I thought I was too fat to wear shorts.  The year prior was the last time I wore shorts.  I did not wear shorts for 33 years in fear of what I looked like.  Seriously, how crazy is that?  It was 5 years ago I realized, why should I be miserable in the Summer because I am big?  My healthy journey is not to be that perfect size but to become healthier now.  I do not have an actual weight goal, if I end up being on the heavier side of what they call normal and I feel healthy and am happy being able to do everything I used to be able to do, well then that is fine with me.  It is all about liking yourself and being healthy.  I hope every girl hears the message in this song, you are perfect just the way you are.   Oh, and if you have time, you should check out Meghan Trainor's other videos on Youtube.  I love her songs and voice.  Enjoy!


Untitled

1 comment:

  1. I just love this song! It's such a good message. And I totally hear you about not wearing shorts. I think I stopped wearing them around the seventh grade too because I was "too fat" even though I was 5'8" and about 110 pounds. How sad! Glad we've become more accepting of who we are.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...