Saturday, September 13, 2014

Friday (Saturday) Confessional



It is Friday and you all know what that means?  Yep you guessed it, time to fess up.  Come join the fun over at Aubrey's High-Heeled Love.  She host this little party every Friday.   I could not get to the computer yesterday to blog because we had a special grandson spend the night with us.   I confess it was a lot of fun.

I confess...

I had two interviews this week.  The first one I want really bad.  I will know on Monday.  I know I am going to be very disappointed if I do not get this job and because I want it so bad I cannot really read how the interview went.

I confess...

The second interview I did not even complete the interview.  I just told them I did not think this job was for me.   After my interview was scheduled I started to hear a lot of bad things about the company.  I went to the interview with that in the back of my mind but I wanted to give it a chance as well.  Once I arrived the HR lady was not even there, she was at a job fair and after they found someone to be her back up, they told me I had to have a typing test and watch a 15 minute video.  What???  This was never told to me.  I was on my lunch break, if I knew that was part of the interview process then I would have told work I was going to take a long lunch.  The typing test was a 3 minute test and she told me I needed to type 30 wpm and told me I could take it again and again until I meet it.  I was not nervous and I thought if 30 is all they need there is no need to push my speed, so I took the 3 minute test and then told her I was done.  She kept saying "Well it has only been 3 minutes".  I told her yes, after the third time of her repeating and adding "Don't you want to retake it?" I answered back: "Well, the test is only 3 minutes you said it had to be 30 wpm and I got 63 with one error 99% accuracy and they deducted the 1 mistake to 62 wpm.  I really do not think I need to retake the test."  Her facial expression was priceless.  I then watched the 15 minute video and she told me she would try to find a manager to interview me. After 30 minutes of waiting, I just told them I have to go if this is going to take much longer.  I was not aware all this was part of their interview, so they found someone right away and then the interview began but we only made it to 5 questions when they told me how little they pay.  I just told them sorry, but I have a lot of experience and I cannot work for that amount and thanked them for their time and left.  Seriously, the money was horrible and the way they treated a prospect employee I do not think I would want to work there one bit.

I confess...

My son is being catfished seriously by this Canadian person.  I wish it was someone in the US because then I might be able to investigate a little more and show him.  He has so many facts that this person is being dishonest but he is so in love with the idea of this person he is being blind to the facts all for hope she is real.  I told him he deserves someone being honest.  We had a long discussion and I hope I made some break through with him.  I hate the idea this person is messing with his mind and heart and making him be so unhealthy!

I confess...

I am loving this Fall weather but I am a little sad the gardening is coming to an end.

What do you have to confess about?

Untitled

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't have wanted to work for that second company, either. You did the right thing. Keeping my fingers crossed for Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.