Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Navy Pier ~ Chicago


The Navy Pier is a very interesting place.  There are so many different types of boat cruises you can take for example the dinner cruises, architectural cruise, speed boat cruise, pirate cruise, water taxis.   The board walk is very busy with food vendors and a little shopping mall, the giant Ferris wheel, a theater, children's museum, besides the Smith Museum of Stained Glass.  One of our favorite things to do is to sit at the end of the board walk and watch the boats.

Smith Museum of Stained Glass Windows
Before our boat tour cruise we had lunch at Harry Caray's Tavern at the Navy Pier.  I loved everything about the restaurant.

My Boy Kerry Wood.  I saw him pitch several games while he played for the Iowa Cubs.  He was always a crowd favorite as an Iowa Cub and Chicago Cub.
Oh, I absolutely loved this guitar.  I love themed guitars!
Just across the street from the Navy Pier were some sculptures. I loved the one with the kids playing a game.  The little boy (fourth on the left) lost his shoe.
This little boy! Just look at his facial expression.  All the children had wonderful expressions on their face.
This is our boat we took for our 90 minute cruise/tour.  We had a wonderful time and learned so much history about the buildings and the styles.  I loved the fact Todd enjoyed it just as much as I did.
We wanted to have dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. but the line was way too long, so we ended up next door and ate at Capi's Italian Kitchen.  It was nothing to rave about.  I did enjoy sitting outdoors in their patio area.  After our pretty plain meal we walked the board walk and enjoyed Lake Michigan.





We had a great anniversary weekend in Chicago.

Here are the other related post to our anniversary weekend:

Untitled

1 comment:

  1. We just moved to the Chicago suburbs about a month ago. I need to take my kids out to navy pier. It looks like a fun place to visit. Thanks for sharing your photos! Have a terrific night.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

September Goals