Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Happy List ~ Miranda, New Job, Family


Oh, I have the greatest HAPPY ever no EVER possible last week but I will save that for last.  Last week was a sour week with Noah and all.  He is home again.  The doctors changed their mind within a matter of two hours asking me to come discharge him because he was having "way too much fun...others need help."  He barely smiled or talked until Taj came over on Sunday.  Sunday was such a good day.  Todd, Noah, Taj and I went to the pumpkin patch and spent nearly three hours there.  Watch for my post about it later this week.  It was loads of fun and we will definitely be doing it next year.
I am loving my new employer!  Last week was Spirit Week and I participated three of the five days. 
Day One:  Black MediRevv T-shirts.  It was our Red Ribbon Cutting Ceremony.
Photo: Somehow we were able to surprise CEO Chris Klitgaard with a Flash Mob during the ribbon cutting ceremony for the opening of our second facility! Our MediRevvers have got some serious talent! Today's blog has a link to the entire ceremony with the "Don't Stop Believing" flash mob towards the end! http://hubs.ly/y0cc0L0 #MediRevvGrowth
Not me: but I did participate at the end with the Flash Mob dance.
Our VP was surprised and cried.
 
Day Two:  Time Travel Tuesday.  I did not participate this day.  This was the day I had only three hours of sleep from being at the ER with Noah ALL night, 4:46 pm to 1:36 am.
Day Three: Wacky Wednesday.  
I am in this one, but you will not be able to see me. 
I am the fourth from the left with my hair standing straight up.
I put a bottle of aspirins on the crown of my head,
then I pulled my hair up and secured it with a rubber band
covering the bottle. I was told my hair looked like a person from Whoville.
 
Day Four:  Thor Thursday.  I did not participate because I did not have a Super Hero Costume.
Day Five: Black & Gold Friday.  To show our support to the Hawkeyes. It was their Homecoming Week.

My view from my new home away from home has a window view.  I get to see my old employer's building.  I think this is so funny. I had to take a picture with my phone and send it to my old team, who I miss.  One of them texted me when she left so I can see her wave Good-Bye to me. 

The exercise room had been completed.  I plan on taking advantage of this!  They have five bathrooms with showers too!  They also installed this in our break room.
Yes, it is an arcade game.  Old School with all the great classic games BONUS...NO QUARTERS NEEDED!

Alright now for the GREATEST NEWS EVER!!!!
I have talked about Miranda's health issues, born with Spina Bifida, Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, and Montochondrial Disease.  She is fed by a G-Tube and occasionally a J-Tube.  She rarely smiles. She speaks very few words and not often.  She surprised the doctors by pulling herself up on the couch and standing.  Well, Miranda started school this year.  She is going part time.  The school picked up a small walker for her and she is walking.  Yes, Miranda walked!  Miranda will be six next month.  Just typing this out is sending chills down my spine and tears to my eyes.  This little wonderful girl is so full of miracles.  She suffers so much. She was inspiration to my Dad while he was battling cancer.  I can only imagine Miranda's excitement because she loves her big sisters.  Oh Miranda!  I love you so much.

What do you have to be HAPPY about this week?

Untitled

3 comments:

  1. I really needed this post today my friend. LOVE reading this great news!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miranda is an angel here on earth.. God will provide and does provide.. Your new place of employment looks like a lot of fun. I love those kind of companies, they understand the whole concept of all work and no play... I'm happy you're enjoying yourself and I hope you find a working medical solution with Noah.. I know it's beyond difficult for you and I think about and say prayers for you a lot Jolene.. Hang in there.. I'm sure the docs will figure something out, at least I hope so. You're right the mental health system in this country sucks..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mimi, I appreciate the thoughts and prayers. I am afraid, Noah has not hit rock bottom yet, it is all a game to him. It is sad, I want to see my loving Noah again. As for Miranda, she is an angel. I know God allowed her to have a rough road but there has to be some purpose behind it. We may not see it but I know it was to help my Dad. I am sure there are more reasons.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.