Friday, October 17, 2014

Literary Friday ~ firefly lane


Firefly Lane (Firefly Lane, #1)

firefly lane A Novel written by Kristin Hannah, s begins in 1974 and it is a book about friendship Kate Mularkey and Tully Hart.  Kate was the uncool girl smart girl and her best friend who moves in across the street Tully who she thought was the coolest girl in the world because she seemed to have it all, beauty, brains and desire.  The two girls on the outside are polar opposites of one another however the two are very much alike, they just handle themselves differently.  Tully throughout the book desperately tried to prove she had value in the world and find a family to have.  Kate on the other hand fought desperately to try to prove the same thing and not live in the shadow of her best friend Tully or any other popular girl.

The novel follows the lives and friendship of the two girls through three decades.  I enjoyed reading about events and clothing styles that I grew up with.  The music the girls listened to brought back wonderful memories to me of my past.  The novel lets the reader see the challenges both girls go through and how they grow as individuals as well.

The novel reminds me a lot of Beaches.  I loved that movie and maybe because I loved it so much, I felt this novel fell short a little.  It was very predictable and yet very emotional.  I cried at the end.  I am not saying I disliked this novel it is a beautiful story between friends and how much impact the two have on one another.

Untitled

 

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...