Monday, December 29, 2014

Blessed Christmas 2014!

Christmas has come and gone and it was not our normal Christmas. I have been very sick, however, we were able to pull off Christmas this year just down sized what I typically do.  It was simple and nearly stress free. I do feel blessed. The decorations were very limited. I only had one room “Christmas Time” as Taj puts it. I did pull off a few decorations upstairs.
 
The boys (Ethan and Noah) decorated the entertainment center also with my
Christmas Village but no one took a picture of it.
I have three Party Light Christmas Globes I just love. I just wished I had three more ( I might have to look on the Internet to see if I can find them.) this way each of our children can have one. Taj just loved them this year. My boys always enjoyed them a lot when they were little, Ethan still does.
 
Todd pulled out our three tier shelf and decorated it. It was a lovely touch to the corner when people entered our home.
 
We did decorate the outdoors on the 21st but I failed to take any pictures. Next year my friends, I will.
Typically I have a second tree decorated in our small living room and this train goes around the tree.  We had to put it out for Taj to play with.  He loves the Christmas Express.
One of the decorations in the kitchen was made the weekend prior.  Todd, Taj, and I made a gingerbread train.  Noah did not want to participate that day.

Christmas Eve, Todd’s side of the family comes to our house. Our dinner consist of sandwiches, chili, oyster stew, veggies, chips and dip, and Christmas goodies. This year I added BBQ little smokies and meatballs. I also did not make any of the Christmas goodies this year. I bought Christmas Cookies and Almond Bark dipped Pretzels. Madi, Ethan’s girlfriend, did bring over some home baked Christmas Cookies. She is such a good girl. I like her a lot.
  
Todd's nephew Andrew (above)
Michelle, Todd's Sister (below)
My step-daughter Emily
Ethan and Madi took my camera and took a picture of Tilly.
Tilly is my favorite cat.  She was my first friend here in Iowa City
other than Todd.  Poor ol' girl she moves so slow and begs
for food.  She is 21 years old.

They also took a rare photo... me.
(Above)  The boy is the girl's this week's boyfriend as Michelle put it.
The girl is Todd's niece Lexi.  The boy far right is Matthew, my oldest. 
They are waiting to see what Grandma Connie (Todd's Mom)
got for Christmas from Michelle. 
(Below) Connie with her poster of One Direction. 
She thinks they are hot and loves them.  
Taj playing
 Christmas was very laid back. Matthew stayed home because he is fighting a sinus infection. Joshua and McKenzie were in Indianola for Christmas Eve and Christmas. The girls go to their Mom’s for Christmas. It was just Noah, Todd, and myself. I rested a lot.

The 26th Joshua and McKenzie came over to open their presents.
The 27th was my birthday and we went to Des Moines to celebrate Christmas with my Mom and sisters. Very laid back, just my style this year. It was nice but definitely missing my Dad. He was always the life of the party.
Above the boys playing cards and McKenzie
Below my Mom...not thrilled I am taking her picture.
Above and below are my sister Katie's girls:
Lexi, Kaylee (wearing the headband) and Miranda laying on the pillow.
Here the older girls are snuggling their baby sister while she tried to nap.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas.

Untitled

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. Happy Birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The decorations are beautiful. Looks like you did a great job with Christmas. Everyone is happy, and that's what matters most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laid back is how Christmas should be. :) I'm resolving to have all my Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving next year. And hey, your neice Kaylee is only the second "Kaylee" I've seen who spells their name the same way I do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...