We tried a new recipe for the crock pot. Todd and I felt we needed something new, so I searched Pinterest and found several and decided to try Chicken Marsala in the Crock Pot, I did a little adaptation to the original recipe. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 5 ounces each)
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- ¾ cup Marsala wine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Coat crock pot insert with nonstick cooking spray. Combine the olive oil, shallot and garlic in bottom of slow cooker.
- In a small bowl stir together the flour, salt and black pepper.
- Next pound the chicken to an even thickness and coat it with the flour mixture and add to the crock pot.
- Scatter mushrooms over chicken and add the Marsala.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours or until the chicken is tender.
- To thicken the sauce, turn the slow cooker up to HIGH. Combine the cornstarch with 2 teaspoons water and stir it into the chicken mixture. Cover and cook until the sauce has thickened 10 to 25 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.