Thursday, January 15, 2015

Crock Pot Chicken Marsala Recipe


We tried a new recipe for the crock pot.  Todd and I felt we needed something new, so I searched Pinterest and found several and decided to try Chicken Marsala in the Crock Pot, I did a little adaptation to the original recipe. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did.

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
  • 2 garlic cloves, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ teaspoon black pepper
  • 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 5 ounces each)
  • 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
  • ¾ cup Marsala wine
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions:
  1. Coat crock pot insert with nonstick cooking spray. Combine the olive oil, shallot and garlic in bottom of slow cooker.
  2. In a small bowl stir together the flour, salt and black pepper. 
  3. Next pound the chicken to an even thickness and coat it with the flour mixture and add to the crock pot. 
  4. Scatter mushrooms over chicken and add the Marsala.
  5. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours or until the chicken is tender. 
  6. To thicken the sauce, turn the slow cooker up to HIGH. Combine the cornstarch with 2 teaspoons water and stir it into the chicken mixture. Cover and cook until the sauce has thickened 10 to 25 minutes. 
  7. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
I added our Chicken Marsala on top of bow tie pasta.  I boiled the pasta while the sauce was thickened.  After draining the pasta thoroughly I added 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil to my pasta and seasoned with Italian Season about 1/8 of a teaspoon.

Enjoy!

Untitled

2 comments:

  1. Oh….this looks so good. I'm pinning it and sharing it with Shanley!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love. I will reply back by email unless you have a no-reply email address set up and then I will reply within the comments.